We present the recipe to prepare the finanziera, a typical dish of Piedmontese poor cuisine made with scraps of white meat and veal.
Among the recipes for exquisite second courses, which come from northern Italy, there is that of the Piedmontese Finanziera. It is a poor dish because, to make it, only pieces of meat commonly considered scraps are needed. Ingredients include sweetbreads or veal brains. These are accompanied by other components of white meat, such as beef fillet and chicken livers and crests , an unusual ingredient, but which cannot be missing in the composition of this typical product. All, then, is accompanied by a tasty sauce, which makes this second dish exquisite.
Preparation of the recipe for the Finanziera
- Fill a saucepan with water and dip the sweetbreads and chicken crests in it. Blanch for 30 minutes.
- In another pan, pour the water and add a tablespoon of vinegar. Add the veal loin, the beef tenderloin and the chicken livers, all cut into pieces. Blanch for the same time .
- Next, drain the pieces of meat. Fill a tray with flour and flour each of them.
- Take a thick-bottomed pan and put the butter to melt it over low heat.
- Add all the meats, including the chicken crests, and sauté. Cook with the lid on, over low heat and for 20 minutes.
- At this point, add the mushrooms cut in half and the carrots (cleaned) into rings. Continue cooking for another 20 minutes , stirring occasionally.
- Towards the end of cooking, pour the wine and let it evaporate. Then, turn off and add salt, before serving.
For tasty main courses, but simple to make, the preparation of the Piedmontese Finanziera is an excellent idea. Storage is not recommended , because the texture is better if eaten at the moment.
The recipe for bagna cauda also comes from Piedmont.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...