It looks like a dessert, but it’s not: here is the recipe for the famous homemade “pizza and figs”. It is so good and special that everyone will love it!
In all diets, one pizza per week is allowed. Of course, it’s always nice to go out with friends to eat it, but why not try making it at home? Today we have created a typically summer recipe: pizza with figs. This is then enriched with walnuts, which are good for health and do not make you fat: they contain antioxidant substances, have digestive properties and are rich in Omega 3, vitamins, zinc and copper. Have we convinced you ? Let’s get started right away!
How to prepare pizza with figs, rocket and walnuts
- First of all, start dissolving the yeast in water at room temperature.
- Then pour the Manitoba and 00 flour into a container.
- Turn the water a little at a time, continuing to knead with your hands and add the salt. Pour the oil, always kneading, until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Now place your pizza dough on a clean work surface, and knead until the dough is completely smooth .
- Transfer the dough into a bowl, cover it with a cloth and let it rise at a temperature of 26/28 ° C (for example in the oven off, but with only the light on), for about two hours .
- Once the dough has risen it will double in volume and you can then divide it into two parts. Sprinkle a tray of flour and place the two balls on it. Let them rest for another 30 minutes, covered with plastic wrap.
- At this point, roll out your dough on a baking tray and start stuffing it. Put the mozzarella cut into very small cubes and the figs cut into wedges.
- Bake for 20/25 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 ° C. Remove from the oven and garnish with rocket, parmesan flakes and walnuts to taste.
Also discover all the secrets of the perfect pizza dough !
You can keep the pizza for 1/2 days – if it is very hot, it is better to put it in the fridge – heating it if necessary or enjoying it cold.