Polenta croutons with radicchio are a delicious and easy to make appetizer, ideal to serve as a first course during a dinner.
Today we prepare a very simple dish but with a great yield: polenta croutons with radicchio. This dish, which you can serve in small portions as an appetizer , but is also good as a single dish, consists of polenta discs accompanied by sautéed radicchio with gorgonzola, which goes to contrast the bitterness of the radicchio and give a note of sweetness to the plate.
Try it yourself at home. And for the more curious, you can also serve the appetizer with different cheese : taleggio, fontina … choose the one you like best!
Let’s see together how to make the recipe for polenta with radicchio and gorgonzola!
How to make polenta croutons with radicchio
- First of all, take a pot (or if you have a polenta pot) filled with water and bring it to a boil. When it starts to boil , add the polenta and start stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Cooking the polenta requires time and attention, so continue to mix it for at least 50 minutes .
- When the polenta is ready, pour it and let it rest for at least 12 hours .
- Let’s move on to the radicchio: clean it, also eliminating the white and too bitter parts, and cook it in a pan with finely chopped shallot, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Let the radicchio dry well, waiting about ten minutes. Once it is ready, melt the gorgonzola in the same pan with the help of a little more heat or water.
- You just have to Serve: obtained the polenta disks and serve with a spoonful of shallot. Enjoy your meal !
And for other recipes with polenta, here is our fantastic Piedmontese polenta concia !
This delicious appetizer is delicious when tasted at the moment. However, you can keep it for 1 day in the refrigerator, inside a container with an airtight lid and heat it a few minutes in the oven before serving it on the table. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Scallops au gratin, a delicious and refined appetizer
Baked scallops au gratin are a refined and delicious fish appetizer, perfect to bring to the table to make a...
Nail shape: which one to choose among the many types?
Rounded? Almond? Let’s see how to choose the right nail shape, based on your needs and the shape of your...
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...