Polenta croutons with radicchio are a delicious and easy to make appetizer, ideal to serve as a first course during a dinner.
Today we prepare a very simple dish but with a great yield: polenta croutons with radicchio. This dish, which you can serve in small portions as an appetizer , but is also good as a single dish, consists of polenta discs accompanied by sautéed radicchio with gorgonzola, which goes to contrast the bitterness of the radicchio and give a note of sweetness to the plate.
Try it yourself at home. And for the more curious, you can also serve the appetizer with different cheese : taleggio, fontina … choose the one you like best!
Let’s see together how to make the recipe for polenta with radicchio and gorgonzola!
How to make polenta croutons with radicchio
- First of all, take a pot (or if you have a polenta pot) filled with water and bring it to a boil. When it starts to boil , add the polenta and start stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Cooking the polenta requires time and attention, so continue to mix it for at least 50 minutes .
- When the polenta is ready, pour it and let it rest for at least 12 hours .
- Let’s move on to the radicchio: clean it, also eliminating the white and too bitter parts, and cook it in a pan with finely chopped shallot, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Let the radicchio dry well, waiting about ten minutes. Once it is ready, melt the gorgonzola in the same pan with the help of a little more heat or water.
- You just have to Serve: obtained the polenta disks and serve with a spoonful of shallot. Enjoy your meal !
And for other recipes with polenta, here is our fantastic Piedmontese polenta concia !
This delicious appetizer is delicious when tasted at the moment. However, you can keep it for 1 day in the refrigerator, inside a container with an airtight lid and heat it a few minutes in the oven before serving it on the table. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...