Jujube jam is a preserve with an ancient flavor, perfect for creating rustic cakes but also excellent for spreading on bread.
We all know the saying “to end up in a jujube soup” but few people wonder what jujubes are. The inhabitants of central Italy certainly know this, an area where it is still possible to find these fruits in the wild and, perhaps, prepare an excellent jujube jam. Unfortunately, in fact, you cannot rely on the greengrocer or the supermarket: jujubes are not easy to buy but if you are lucky enough to have a plant close to home, then this is the recipe for you.
Jujube jam brings to mind ancient flavors and is ideal both for filling pies, perhaps prepared with wholemeal flour, and for spreading on bread for breakfast. The preparation is very simple and since the fruit looks like a small plum, the most boring part is just removing all the stones. That said, let’s see the recipe!
How to prepare the recipe for jujube jam
- First, wash the fruits well under running water.
- Then remove the stone and cut them into chunks, bringing them together in a sufficiently large pot.
- Add the water , the apple cut into chunks and deprived of the stone, the grated rind of the lemon and the juice of the same and finally the sugar.
- Put on the fire and cook until the fruits are tender. It will take 40 to 60 minutes .
- Blend everything with an immersion blender and proceed with the saucer test .
- If the jam is ready, transfer it still hot to the sterilized jars, close them with a new cap and turn them upside down. In this way the vacuum will form by itself without having to resort to boiling.
- Once cold, the jars of jujube jam are ready to be placed, well labeled, in the pantry.
Staying on the subject of jujubes, have you ever tried the famous jujube broth ?
Jujube jam keeps in the pantry for over six months. Once opened, however, it should be kept in the refrigerator and consumed within ten days.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Hairstyles for 18 years: some ideas to draw inspiration from
Some nice and quick ideas for the easiest and most beautiful 18 year old hairstyles to wear. Coming of age...
Tiramisu without mascarpone: if you haven’t tasted it yet, you are in time to fix it
The recipe for tiramisu without mascarpone is an alternative to the more classic spoon dessert, here's how to prepare it!...
Shorts know no age and can be worn without worries even at 50
Like love, shorts have no age and are worn even at 50, focusing on the right models. Who said that...
Tasty pumpkin and speck pasta: the first dish of autumn
Do you want delicious first courses? Pasta with pumpkin and speck is the one for you! Here's how to prepare...
Sarcopenia, what it is: symptoms and treatment of the disease
What is sarcopenia? Pathology involving the muscular system, involves a gradual loss of autonomy: symptoms and causes. Sarcopenia is a...
Health1 week ago
Nervous breakdown: how to recognize it and what to do
Fashion1 week ago
Ode to the maxi dress of summer 2022, a mix and match of elegance and comfort
Fashion1 week ago
Wedding shoes like sparkling: here are the inspo and low cost jewel models
Beauty1 week ago
Lip contour: what are the most effective creams and serums?