The salty puff pastry roll is very easy to prepare and with just a few ingredients it will be very tasty and suitable for any occasion!
This appetizer, consisting of a simple filled puff pastry roll, is already at first glance a beautifully designed and balanced combination of good and genuine products . We confess a little secret: the ingredients (for the filling) are only three. As simple as this recipe is to make, the reason why we offer it is that as soon as you take it out of the oven and let your friends taste it, everyone will want more.
The trump card of this dish is, perhaps, the melted provola or the way the outer edges of the ham become pleasantly crunchy. Or maybe, just maybe, it’s that incredibly buttery but light and crumbly puff pastry that enriches every bite. Everyone will love this recipe! You can serve this simple appetizer for a party or brunch at work and the result is guaranteed. Let’s see together how to prepare the puff pastry roll in detail.
Preparation of the salty puff pastry roll recipe
- Take the ready-made rectangular puff pastry roll and place it on a sheet of baking paper .
- Fill it with a thin layer of tomato sauce .
- Add salt and add the slices of cooked ham and the sliced provolone.
- Roll as tightly as possible starting from the shorter side, to form a roll.
- Close the sides so that the filling does not come out, brush the entire surface of the roll with milk and it is ready for cooking.
- Arrange your roll on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in a convection oven at 180 ° C for 25/30 minutes. As soon as the surface is golden the roll is ready. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
A similar recipe to prepare with puff pastry and equally tasty and simple to prepare is that of savory puff pastry rolls .
You can keep your dish once cooked at room temperature for a couple of days , we do not recommend putting it in the fridge so as not to ruin its consistency.