Preparing pumpkin and potato cress is the best way to celebrate the arrival of autumn with a Romagna recipe.
Watercress is a kind of closed flatbread typical of Romagna, where it is consumed as street food . One of the most famous variations, prepared especially during the cold season, is the pumpkin and potato cress. To make it very few ingredients are enough and perhaps the biggest hassle is just cooking the pumpkin and potatoes.
Making watercress isn’t all that difficult, and since the dough doesn’t require leavening, it’s also pretty quick. If you want to follow the original recipe you will have to use lard , but know that without too many problems you can replace it with butter, oil or margarine. Of course, the Romagna people will not like this but you know that we like to give you a solution to everything! Ready to find out how these delights are prepared?
How to make the pumpkin and potato cress recipe
- Combine the flour , baking soda , salt and lard in a bowl.
- Then pour in the water, mixing first with a fork and then by hand, transferring everything to a pastry board.
- Once you have a smooth dough, wrap it in cling film and let it rest for the time necessary to prepare the filling. You can also keep the dough in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
- Now cut the pumpkin into slices about 2 cm thick, keeping the peel and removing the seeds and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Season with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil , a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper .
- Cook at 180 ° C for 30 minutes or until the pulp is tender if skewered with a fork.
- Then peel the potatoes , cut them into pieces of about one centimeter and boil them in boiling salted water for about 15 minutes or until they are soft.
- Drain the potatoes, mash them with a fork and transfer them to a bowl.
- Once the pumpkin is ready, remove the peel and mash the pulp, then add it to the potatoes.
- Season with salt again and add two or three tablespoons of grated Parmesan to taste.
- Divide the cress mixture into 5 equal parts and roll it out until it reaches 3 mm thick.
- Stuff half with the filling, close and seal well, pressing the closing points with the tines of a fork.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook two watercresses at a time for 4-5 minutes per side , just long enough for the pasta to brown.
- Serve them hot or after they have cooled slightly.
This Romagna recipe is truly sensational. Also try the classic watercresses so you can decide which of the two is your favorite.
Watercress is delicious freshly made but if you have any leftover you can safely reheat it in a pan for a few minutes even the next day.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!