If you are looking for an easy, quick and tasty first course, pumpkin and speck risotto is absolutely for you. Here is our recipe!
It is customary to combine pumpkin with tasty ingredients to dampen the sweet flavor and balance it and that’s what we did with the pumpkin and speck risotto. This first course with an autumn flavor is perfect for dinners with family or friends, because it combines simplicity and taste in a single recipe. Yes, because risotto, although it is a rather simple preparation, is also perfect on the most important occasions.
To prepare an excellent rice with pumpkin and speck, however, you will have to pay attention to some steps, one above all the browning of the speck or you risk getting a dish that is too salty. Pumpkin must also be excellent, sweet and ripe at the right point. After all, the simpler a recipe, the more important the quality of the raw materials is. Let’s see together how to prepare this delicious risotto.
How to prepare the recipe for pumpkin and speck risotto
- First, remove the skin from the pumpkin and cut the pulp into cubes by one centimeter.
- Cook it in a pan with a couple of tablespoons of oil , a clove of garlic and a drop of water until tender. It will take about twenty minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the speck into half-centimeter cubes.
- Brown it in a thick-bottomed pan over medium heat, until it is almost crispy, then transfer it to a plate.
- In the same pan, melt the butter and toast the rice for a couple of minutes.
- Add the pumpkin pulp deprived of the garlic and cover flush with the boiling vegetable broth .
- Start cooking the risotto which from now on will take 15-20 minutes to be ready, depending on the type of rice.
- About 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add the speck .
- Adjust if necessary with salt .
- Off the heat, when the rice is al dente, stir in the butter and serve immediately.
You can also decide to prepare a classic pumpkin risotto , lighter and perfect even for those who follow a vegetarian diet.
Pumpkin and speck risotto is good freshly made. However, if you have any leftovers, you can keep them in the refrigerator , well covered with plastic wrap, for a couple of days and reheat it in a pan or microwave before consuming it.