Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, pumpkin meatballs are ideal for an aperitif or a dinner with friends.
Pumpkin meatballs are one of the most popular finger foods of the moment: perfect for an aperitif, they can also be served as a second course. Today we offer you a recipe for making meatballs that, in addition to pumpkin, will be made up of potatoes, eggs, cheese and breadcrumbs, simple to make and really delicious! What are we waiting for? Let’s dive right into the preparation of the pumpkin croquettes recipe!
Preparation of the pumpkin meatballs recipe
- First, wash the potatoes and boil them in a pan filled with plenty of cold water for about 15 minutes. When the potatoes are soft, drain and set aside.
- Do the same with the pumpkin: remove the peel and let it blanch for about twenty minutes.
- In a bowl, put your vegetables and add all the other ingredients: egg, grated cheese, breadcrumbs and a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Finally, after adding salt and pepper to taste, start kneading , mixing all the ingredients and flavors well.
- As for the pumpkin, you can first mash it with the tines of a fork or, to do first, pass it in the mixer after having allowed it to cool .
- It’s time to shape our meatballs! Form pumpkin balls with a cube of provolone inside then, once closed well, pass them in a bowl full of flour.
- Finally, dip the floured meatballs in the egg and finally bread them in the breadcrumbs.
- Cook the meatballs by immersing them in hot seed oil, until they are golden on the outside.
- When they are ready, dry them with a paper towel . Et voilà, the dish is served: enjoy your meal!
And your delicious pumpkin meatballs with a stringy heart are ready. If you want to make this dish fun and playful you could “stuff” with provolone only a few meatballs and challenge the diners to find stuffed meatballs. Do you love this food? Here are many pumpkin recipes to try!
Baked pumpkin meatballs: the light recipe
If you want a lighter cooking and a still tasty result, you can opt to bake your meatballs in the oven, without using the frying oil . In this way, the not fried pumpkin balls will take much longer to be ready (about thirty / forty minutes , depending on the size and the oven) and will have to be cooked at 180 ° C.
A tip: if you opt for this cooking technique, lightly oil a pan lined with parchment paper and then, after half the time, turn the meatballs for even browning . Know that, in both cooking options, you can also decide not to stuff the balls and, if you want, even make the meatballs more flattened and less round.
If you liked them, you cannot fail to try all ours meatball recipes !
Pan-fried and fried pumpkin meatballs are best eaten at the moment, when they are still hot and crunchy (but with a melting heart). On the other hand, the baked variant can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days , inside a container with an airtight lid. In both cases, we do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...