Preparing apple strudel with puff pastry is the easiest and fastest way to bring to the table a dessert that everyone likes.
Strudel is a typical recipe of South Tyrolean cuisine that is prepared, if you want to follow the traditional recipe step by step, with strudel dough. Today, however, we prepare apple strudel with puff pastry: not only because it is much faster but also because this ingredient, thanks to the friability it assumes once cooked, gives the dessert an extra edge.
You don’t have to be ashamed of making strudel with puff pastry, because there are many versions of this recipe. Do you think that there are even those who make it with shortcrust pastry! The filling will remain unchanged with lots of apples , cinnamon and, if desired, walnuts . We always add them to give a touch of crunchiness and we find that they fit perfectly.
How to prepare the apple strudel recipe with puff pastry
- First, devote yourself to apples . Peel them, core them and cut them into pieces of half a centimeter.
- Bring them together in a bowl with the cinnamon, the sugar, the juice and the lemon zest and walnuts and mix well.
- Unroll the puff pastry and distribute in the center, parallel to the long side, a little breadcrumbs which will be used to absorb the liquid released by the fruit.
- Then spread the apples and close well, turning the closure down so that it does not open during cooking.
- Also seal the ends, brush with a beaten egg and bake.
- This easy apple strudel cooks at 200 ° C for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
We can’t get enough and strudel has become a bit of our obsession!
Puff pastry apple strudel can be kept out of the refrigerator, in a cool place, for a couple of days. Besides it is advisable to place it in the refrigerator to prevent the fruit from spoiling.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison