Vegan recipes are simple and quick to bring to the table, colorful, full of flavor like this quinoa salad with vegetables.
Following a vegan diet could be quite difficult, especially if you often find yourself having to eat out due to work or study needs. In fact, if on the one hand more and more places offer vegan cuisine, on the other hand they are not found in all cities. Having lunch outside, it is impossible to think of bringing a vegan menu inside, which is why today we see together how to prepare the quinoa and vegetable salad, a rich single dish .
Among the simple vegan recipes this is by far the one I prefer because it allows me to customize it according to the available seasonal vegetables . Of course you can choose all the ones you prefer, but being able to choose, use the fresh ones.
How to make quinoa salad with vegetables
- First of all, it is necessary to cook with quinoa. Since the outer layer is covered with saponins, responsible for its bitter taste, I recommend that you put it in a colander and rinse it thoroughly under water before cooking. Quinoa should be boiled in lightly salted water for about 15 minutes .
- In the meantime, devote yourself to the vegetables. Wash them well then remove the ends from the courgettes and cut them into slices half a centimeter thick. Clean the peppers by removing the stalk, white filaments and seeds. Make small florets from cauliflower .
- Heat a cast iron or non-stick plate and grill all the vegetables for 5 minutes. Finally, season with salt.
- Let them cool and in the meantime finely slice the radish and divide the cherry tomatoes in two. When the quinoa is ready, distribute it on the plates and complete with the vegetables. Serve with sliced lime.
- Leaving them on the surface instead of mixing them inside is a great way to present this dish and to allow you to understand the ingredients at first sight.
This quinoa salad can be kept for about 1-2 days in the refrigerator, inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison