Imagine a kind of omelette with potatoes, horseradish and pecorino, cooked in a pan, in the oven or on the grill and you will have the radish.
The horseradish is a typical dish of Basilicata which owes its name to the main ingredient : horseradish . This root, once considered the truffle of the poor, is widely used in the cuisine of the area. However, it is enough to go beyond regional borders to lose the traces of this ingredient and of all the recipes that see it as the protagonist.
Wanting to describe the rafanata, we could say that it is a sort of omelette with lots of eggs, pecorino cheese , grated horseradish and potatoes originally cooked on the grill, putting the charcoal both under and above the pot, and today prepared in the oven or in a pan. Certainly this technique is more immediate, however, part of the characteristic smoky flavor of the recipe is lost.
How to prepare the radish with the original recipe
- First boil the potatoes in plenty of lightly salted water. The time varies according to the size of the potatoes: to test their cooking, skewer them with the tines of a fork until they are tender. It will take 30 to 50 minutes.
- Then drain and mash immediately with a fork or potato masher.
- Also peel the horseradish and grate it with a grater with small holes.
- Separately, in a large bowl, beat the eggs with the pecorino , a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper .
- Add the mashed potatoes and grated horseradish and mix well.
- Oil a pan and pour the omelette.
- Cook over medium heat until the edges begin to come off.
- At this point, using a lid, turn it over and continue cooking on the other side as well.
- Serve the horseradish hot.
To prepare the horseradish in the oven, the procedure is the same. However, pour the eggs with the other ingredients into a baking tray lined with parchment paper and cook at 200 ° C for 30 minutes.
What do you think of this recipe? If you are afraid that the horseradish flavor is not for you but you do not want to give up the convenience of this dish, try our potato omelette .
The radish can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, well covered with plastic wrap. You can consume it after heating it in a pan or oven or at room temperature.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison