Red quinoa salad: the benefits, the ingredients and the recipe to prepare a unique autumn dish and gluten-free!
Today we offer you the recipe to prepare the red quinoa salad with grapes, pears, almonds and cheese, a very nutritious single dish and also suitable for those suffering from celiac disease. Whether it is white, red or black quinoa, the difference between these varieties is not only in color but also in flavor. The white quinoa, for example, has a relatively neutral flavor, while the varieties from black and red have a stronger flavor.
How to make red quinoa in a salad with grapes and cheese
- Wash the quinoa well under cold running water before using it, pour it into a bowl full of water, mix then drain the quinoa and rinse it again under cold running water. In this way you will eliminate any traces of saponin naturally present on the quinoa and which after cooking would make it rather bitter .
- Transfer the drained quinoa to a saucepan, cover with about 250 ml of water, put on the stove and bring to a boil, close the lid and continue cooking for 15 minutes, taking care to add salt to the water halfway through cooking .
- When cooked, turn off the heat and let the quinoa rest for 5 minutes before removing it from the pot and letting it cool in a large bowl.
- In the meantime, wash the grapes, dry them and cut the grains in half or, if you prefer, leave them whole and then cut the cheese into cubes.
- Wash the pear and cut it into cubes without removing the peel. Add the pears, almonds, grapes and diced quinoa cheese, drizzled with olive oil and serve immediately. Enjoy your meal!
Alternatively, you can prepare quinoa salad with salmon and avocado .
This delicious dish is delicious even if tasted a few hours after preparation and very cold. You can keep it for about 2 days in the refrigerator, inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe