Fighting stress and tension with natural methods is possible. Let’s see the best methods to relax!
In order to relax and fight stress you do not need tranquilizers or anxiolytics. Think about our grandmothers: they did not have all these methods and relied on natural remedies. Let’s see how to soothe anxiety and tension with herbal teas, exercises and other natural methods to relax.
How to relax
- Soothing herbal teas. The best way to relax your body and mind, especially before going to sleep, is drinking a hot relaxing herbal tea. The ebst herbs are chamomile, linden, valerian, hawthorn, lemon balm and lavender. You can also ask the herbalist to make you a mix with these ingredients!
- Relaxing songs. Listening to music helps soothing your nerves and forgetting your problems. Choose classic or new age music, or you can also try with natural sounds, such as singing birds or the sound of the waves.
- Yoga and meditation. These two practices not only help freeing your mind from any worry, but also help relaxing your muscles and physical tensions. Try some of the exercises in the morning, right after you wake up, or at night, before going to sleep.
- Hot bath. In order to release the tension before going to sleep, you can try a hot bath. If you want to relax your mind, too, add some drops of lavender essential oil.
- Digital detox. Computer, smartphone, tablet and tv alter the production of melanin, causing insomnia and irritability. Try and turn all your devices off at least two hours before going to bed.
- Reading. In your free time, or before going to sleep, read a light and exciting novel. It will help you remove your negative thoughts and sleep better.
Photo source: https://pixabay.com/it/mattina-ragazza-donna-letto-tee-2715280/