With lots, lots of tomatoes, a cascade of stringy mozzarella and fresh basil: what more can you say about risotto alla sorrentina? We reveal the recipe.
Risotto alla Sorrentina is a very tasty preparation from Southern Italy, a perfect recipe for Sunday lunch but also the smart way to recover the leftover rice from the day before. It can be distinguished in two procedures, cooking rice from scratch, or using the leftovers of rice from Sunday lunch and baking it in the oven as if it were a flan. Below, we discover all the secrets to making an excellent traditional peasant risotto, a tasty first course of Italian cuisine that will bring a lot of joy to the table, for young and old.
Preparation of risotto alla Sorrentina in the oven
- The first thing to do is to make the tomato puree. Finely chop the white onion and let it fry and brown with a little extra virgin olive oil .
- Add the tomato puree or peeled tomatoes, salt and pepper. Also add the fresh basil leaves.
- If you do not use the leftover rice, boil it in plenty of salted water, draining it al dente.
- Arrange the rice on a baking tray previously greased with a little extra virgin olive oil, and add a few sprigs of butter on top. Also lay the sliced mozzarella , holding out a few pieces for decoration.
- Complete with fresh basil and bake for about 25-30 minutes at 180 ° C.
- Once out of the oven, add the remaining mozzarella and your risotto alla sorrentina is ready, a traditional peasant first course.
And if you liked this recipe, you cannot fail to try the gnocchi alla sorrentina !
Primo Chef’s advice for making risotto alla sorrentina
The Sorrento risotto recipe can be made in two variations: cooking the rice from scratch, whipping it with lots of tomato and butter and only if you like you can finish the dish with a short baked gratin . The second recipe, which is the traditional one that we have decided to explain step by step today, uses the leftover rice from the day before. With this last variant , that of humble origins, you get a sort of very tasty and stringy timbale that will especially appeal to children.
Baked Sorrento rice, being a recycling recipe in itself, must be consumed on the spot, but you can keep part of it in an airtight container to put in the refrigerator, for a maximum of 2 days .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Pasta with eggplant and provolone: we prepare an easy and tasty first course
Pasta with eggplant and provolone is perfect for those looking for delicious pasta recipes to be prepared with vegetables. Here's...
Homemade nougat of the dead: as good as that of pastry
Perfect as a gift but also excellent as a meal, nougat of the dead is a typical Neapolitan dessert from...
Comfy and vintage on the beach: the revenge of the high-waisted bikini
The nostalgia effect can also be felt on the beach, with the return of high-waisted bikinis that slender and pamper...
Delicious recipe of Philadelphia pasta and tuna: it is a real ace in the hole
Philadelphia and tuna pasta is a quick and easy to prepare first course. Here are the secrets of this delicious...
Properties of green clay: here are the most important
Not everyone knows the many properties of green clay. Here are the most important and really worth knowing. The properties...
Recipes7 days ago
Zucchini and stracchino pasta, the first creamy and tasty
Beauty1 week ago
Hairstyles for 18 years: some ideas to draw inspiration from
Beauty1 week ago
Loose hair hairstyles, the key word? Leave the foliage free
Fashion1 week ago
From the pre-collections s / s 2023, the trends to steal from men’s fashion to be anticipated already this summer