Preparing risotto di gò is really simple once you have acquired the typical fish of the lagoon, the goby.
Risotto di gò, also known as Burano risotto, is a typical recipe of Venetian cuisine , in particular from the Venice lagoon. It is a fish risotto with an intense flavor of the sea that is prepared precisely with gò, or goby, a very fatty fish from which a tasty cartoon is obtained, perfect for the preparation of rice.
There are many trattorias in the city of Venice to offer this recipe, which later became famous in the rest of the world after leading chefs and food critics began to talk about it. In reality this recipe is similar to that of any fish risotto. The only difficulty could be finding the goby, since it lives only in the lagoon areas. But here’s how Burano’s risotto is prepared.
How to prepare risotto di gò with the original Venetian recipe
- First you need to prepare the fish stock. Coarsely chop celery , carrot and onion and put them in a saucepan with 3 liters of water and half of the parsley .
- Add the gutted fish , bring them to a boil and let them cook for 40 minutes.
- At this point, filter the fumet in a colander, mashing vegetables and fish in order to extract all the flavor.
- Now dedicate yourself to the preparation of the real risotto. Finely chop the shallot , brown it in a pan with the oil .
- As soon as it is transparent, toast the rice for a couple of minutes then blend with the white wine .
- Start cooking the rice by adding the broth one ladle at a time. In fact, to obtain a perfect risotto you must make sure that the grains are always just slightly covered.
- About halfway through cooking, add a knob of butter and half the Parmesan .
- At the end of the same, instead, stir off the heat with the remaining butter and Parmesan cheese and the chopped parsley .
- Let the risotto rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
We love these regional risottos and we like to offer you the recipes just as tradition would like them to be. That’s why we recommend that you also follow our recipe for Milanese risotto !
Risotto di gò can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days. You can consume it after heating it in a pan or in the microwave.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe