Risotto con bruscandoli is a first course with an ancient flavor typical of Venetian cuisine. Here is our recipe to prepare it.
Gone are the days when people were able to distinguish wild herbs and use them in their recipes. Risotto with bruscandoli, however, has never stopped being prepared, thanks to the fact that this ingredient is quite easy to find, even in the supermarket. Typical of Venetian cuisine, it is prepared with wild hop sprouts , also known as asparagine .
The preparation is similar to that of any risotto and even bruscandoli do not require special preparation techniques. Being very fine, once washed they are cooked directly with the rice . This spontaneous herb can be found in spring, particularly between March and April, along the banks of ditches, on the edges of fields or among brambles. Take a walk, pick up a bunch and try this delicious recipe!
How to prepare the recipe for risotto with bruscandoli
- First clean the bruscandoli keeping the tip and the leaves. The stem is in fact too hard to be consumed.
- Finely chop the onion and brown it in a pan with the oil and a pinch of salt until tender and transparent.
- Add the rice , toast it for a minute and deglaze with the white wine .
- When you no longer smell alcohol rising from the pan, add the bruscandoli and cover flush with the boiling broth.
- Cooking begins at this time and takes, depending on the type of rice, from 16 to 20 minutes .
- Add the broth a little at a time so that the rice is always slightly covered, and make sure it is boiling: otherwise it would stop cooking.
- Once ready, turn off the heat, stir in a knob of butter and a little Parmesan and serve.
Risotto with bruscandoli is a quick and easy first course, perfect if you want to try a different recipe than usual. Alternatively, you can prepare risotto with asparagus , similar but more traditional.
Risotto with bruscandoli can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days in an airtight container. You can heat it both in a pan and in the microwave before consuming it.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison