Risotto with Mantuan pumpkin and Montasio Dop is a colorful and tasty first course, made with traditional Italian ingredients.
Among the easy and traditional risotto, pumpkin risotto is certainly one of the most popular and loved throughout Italy. A dish that is particularly suitable for the autumn season , today we are going to make a version of the Mantuan pumpkin risotto and Montasio Dop.
Montasio cheese is an Italian cheese with a Protected Designation of Origin which takes its name from the Montasio plateau, a place where it has been produced since the thirteenth century. With a delicate taste and used in many traditional Friulian dishes, this cheese blends perfectly with the sweetness of Mantuan pumpkin, one of the most prized varieties in all of northern Italy.
Let’s go and see all the steps to prepare our risotto!
Preparation of risotto with yellow pumpkin and Montasio Dop
- First let’s see how to cook the Mantuan yellow pumpkin: clean the pumpkin, removing the outer skin and the internal seeds and cut it coarsely into small pieces.
- In a non-stick pan, sauté the pumpkin cubes with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, soften the shallot with two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and when it begins to brown, add the rice and toast it .
- Salt and pepper already in this phase to flavor each single grain and continue to stir for a few minutes.
- When the rice is toasted, add the cooking white wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- At this point, start adding the vegetable broth gradually and also add the soft pumpkin to the rice.
- Cook the rice, and when it is al dente at the right point, turn off the heat and stir in the butter, grated cheese and diced Montasio Dop.
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of black pepper and a sprinkling of grated cheese. Enjoy your meal!
If you liked this typical dish based on pumpkin and Montasio Dop, you should really take a look at all our risotto recipes .
This first course can be kept for about 1-2 days in the refrigerator, in a special container for food. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Scallops au gratin, a delicious and refined appetizer
Baked scallops au gratin are a refined and delicious fish appetizer, perfect to bring to the table to make a...
Nail shape: which one to choose among the many types?
Rounded? Almond? Let’s see how to choose the right nail shape, based on your needs and the shape of your...
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...