Ingredients and recipe to prepare an original first course: pumpkin and clams risotto is tasty and perfect for a family lunch or dinner!
This pumpkin and clam risotto is a dish as simple to prepare as it is good, thanks to the combination of seafood and pumpkin, characterized by a sweet and enveloping taste. The pumpkin also makes the dish creamy and also suitable for a refined dinner. Let’s see all the preparation steps right away!
Preparation of rice with pumpkin and clams
- Start preparing this delicious risotto by peeling the pumpkin, also remove the seeds then cut it into cubes .
- Pour a drizzle of olive oil into the bottom of a saucepan, add the peeled garlic and brown for a few moments then add the pumpkin too, let it flavor for a few moments then cover with the lid and cook over low heat for 8- 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and toast for a few minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the white wine, let the alcohol evaporate then add the boiling broth a little at a time to finish cooking.
- Separately, in a large pan, cook the clams with a drizzle of oil until they are all open.
- Once the clams have been cooked, remove the shells and a few minutes before the rice is cooked, add the clams.
- Turn off the heat, add salt if necessary and serve. Sprinkle with parsley and freshly ground black pepper if you like. Enjoy your meal!
If you prefer risotto with pumpkin cream and clams, simply blend half of the cooked pumpkin pulp before adding the rice.
Alternatively, you can try the clam risotto with candied citron : another original recipe!
This risotto can be kept for a maximum of half a day, given the shellfish, in a container with an airtight lid and in the fridge. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison