Perfect for both Valentine’s Day and Christmas, the red velvet roll is a simple dessert to prepare but very spectacular.
Being a red biscuit dough dessert, the red velvet roll is really suitable for many occasions . Ideal as a Valentine’s Day dessert, it can be inserted without fear of making a mistake even among Christmas sweets. After all, there is really little more Christmas than the combination of white and red.
Preparing the rolled version of the classic red velvet cake is really very simple. It starts with the biscuit dough and then proceeds with the filling . We opted for something light using cream and spreadable cheese, but it is equally excellent with mascarpone so we will give you some advice for this variant too.
How to prepare the red velvet roll recipe
- Whip the eggs with the sugar and vanilla extract until they are light and fluffy.
- Then add the melted butter, the food coloring and finally the flour sifted with the baking powder.
- Pour the resulting mixture, which must be smooth and silky, into a 30 × 30 cm pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 15 minutes then remove from the oven and sprinkle the surface with two tablespoons of sugar.
- Cover with a sheet of cling film and roll up, gradually removing the biscuit dough from the parchment paper. Then let it cool for an hour.
- In the meantime, whip the cream with the icing sugar until it is frothy, then add the Philadelphia cheese, stirring gently.
- Unroll the biscuit dough and spread a layer of cream as evenly as possible.
- Roll it up again loosely and wrap it in plastic wrap. Let it rest in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.
To prepare the red velvet roll with sweet mascarpone cream, simply replace the mascarpone with philadelphia cheese , keeping the quantities unchanged. Do you love sweet rolls? Then don’t miss thecream one !
Rotolo red velvet can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, well wrapped in plastic wrap.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...