Perfect for both Valentine’s Day and Christmas, the red velvet roll is a simple dessert to prepare but very spectacular.
Being a red biscuit dough dessert, the red velvet roll is really suitable for many occasions . Ideal as a Valentine’s Day dessert, it can be inserted without fear of making a mistake even among Christmas sweets. After all, there is really little more Christmas than the combination of white and red.
Preparing the rolled version of the classic red velvet cake is really very simple. It starts with the biscuit dough and then proceeds with the filling . We opted for something light using cream and spreadable cheese, but it is equally excellent with mascarpone so we will give you some advice for this variant too.
How to prepare the red velvet roll recipe
- Whip the eggs with the sugar and vanilla extract until they are light and fluffy.
- Then add the melted butter, the food coloring and finally the flour sifted with the baking powder.
- Pour the resulting mixture, which must be smooth and silky, into a 30 × 30 cm pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 15 minutes then remove from the oven and sprinkle the surface with two tablespoons of sugar.
- Cover with a sheet of cling film and roll up, gradually removing the biscuit dough from the parchment paper. Then let it cool for an hour.
- In the meantime, whip the cream with the icing sugar until it is frothy, then add the Philadelphia cheese, stirring gently.
- Unroll the biscuit dough and spread a layer of cream as evenly as possible.
- Roll it up again loosely and wrap it in plastic wrap. Let it rest in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.
To prepare the red velvet roll with sweet mascarpone cream, simply replace the mascarpone with philadelphia cheese , keeping the quantities unchanged. Do you love sweet rolls? Then don’t miss thecream one !
Rotolo red velvet can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, well wrapped in plastic wrap.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...