Crostini with peppers: ingredients and recipe to make delicious aperitifs suitable for any occasion. Let’s see all the preparation steps right away!
Crostini with peppers and Philadelphia are a very simple and tasty appetizer. The topping of these croutons is not the classic cold pepper sauce, but a mix of vegetables cooked for a few minutes in a pan and flavored with soy sauce. The whole is complemented by a cheese sauce flavored with chives and garlic.
Here is the recipe for croutons with carrots and peppers!
Preparation of croutons with carrots and peppers
- First of all, dedicate yourself to the preparation of the vegetables: take the pepper, rinse it under running water then cut it in half . Remove the stalk, cut the pepper in half and remove the seeds and internal filaments.
- Cut it into strips and cook in a pan with a drizzle of oil and add the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper until the pepper is cooked.
- In the meantime, dedicate yourself to preparing the cream cheese: wash the chives well, dry and chop finely.
- Peel the garlic, deprive it of the core then mash it with the help of the appropriate tool.
- Add the chives and garlic to the spreadable cheese, mix well to mix everything.
- Take the wholemeal bread and with the help of a pasta cutter cut out many molds .
- Toast just for a few minutes then transfer the bread to a tray.
- Spread the vegetables cooked in a pan on the bread and complete the croutons with the cream cheese.
Alternatively you can try the recipe for salmon canapes .
These croutons are delicious just made, but you can keep them for 1 day in the refrigerator, inside a special container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.