Sage potatoes are a tasty, cheap and easy to prepare side dish, you can also use leftover boiled potatoes.
Potatoes with sage are a very simple dish, made of few ingredients, yet it is amazing. Our recipe starts with potatoes to be boiled, but it is an excellent recipe to take advantage of boiled potatoes left over from a previous lunch. In this way you bring them back to life, while simply heating them you will notice the loss of freshness.
Preparation of sage potatoes
- Wash the potatoes, preferably all of the same size, put them in a large pot, and cover them with water.
- Put the pot on a stove and bring to a boil. To boil, according to measure, it takes 20-40 minutes . You can check their cooking by carefully inserting a toothpick inside them: it must not meet any resistance, but the potatoes must keep their compactness. They must be firmer than when you boil them to mash them.
- Peel the potatoes, leave them whole and let them cool completely . Do not cut them when hot, they can fall apart.
- According to the size of the potatoes, make them into large chunks or wedges.
- Put a non-stick pan on the heat and pour in the oil.
- Add the washed and dried sage very well with absorbent kitchen paper. If you intend to eliminate the sage, leave the twigs whole, otherwise insert the individual leaves : they are very good too.
- Also add the garlic cloves leaving them unpeeled.
- Place the pan on the stove and let the oil take heat. When it starts to sizzle, add the potatoes. You have to cook them for about 10-15 minutes , until golden on each side. Warning: turn them a few times and gently because being already boiled they are easy to flake. Salt and pepper.
- Remove the garlic cloves and drain the potatoes on absorbent paper . Serve them hot on the table.
Keep the side dish in the refrigerator, well covered with cling film, for about 2-3 days . We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Presnitz: the Trieste dessert with noble origins!
According to some testimonies it was created for Princess Sissi. Either way, the Presnitz quick recipe is tasty and easy...
Let’s find out how to prepare the brandacujun with the Ligurian recipe
The recipe for brandacujun comes directly from western Liguria, a creamed cod with potatoes with an intense flavor and creamy...
How okonomiyaki is prepared, a typical dish of Japanese cuisine
If you are looking for quick and easy recipes that come from afar, okonomyaki, Japanese pancakes with vegetables, is worth...
What is holistic massage: all about this practice for body and mind
Holistic massage has numerous benefits, both for the body and for the mind. Let’s see together what they are, and...
Bublanina is a truly amazing Czechoslovakian dessert with cherries
Bublanina is a simple cherry pie typical of the Czech Republic prepared with a dough similar to sponge cake. Literally...
Recipes1 week ago
Have you ever heard of the octopus genovese?
Recipes1 week ago
If you are looking for a quick and easy appetizer, the ham mousse is the recipe for you
Health7 days ago
The therapeutic effects of the shower in winter
Health5 days ago
Rebecca syndrome: what it is and how to recognize it