Preparing sagne and beans is a different way of bringing the classic pasta and beans to the table, but in the Abruzzese way.
With one of our culinary travels we landed in Abruzzo and discovered the legendary sagne and beans. This traditional first course is a kind of pasta and beans so good and simple to prepare that it soon left the regional borders. Sagne , the pasta format used in this recipe, is made only with re -milled durum wheat semolina and water .
As for the sauce , also in this case it is simplicity that wins: peeled tomatoes, tomato sauce, sautéed and beans . Some recipes use cannellini beans, others borlotti beans. The differences between the two preparations are not really that significant so use what you have at home. The important thing is to respect the cooking times and all the suggestions we will give you to obtain a dish as similar as possible to the original.
How to prepare the recipe for sagne and beans
- First, combine the flour in a bowl and make a well.
- Pour almost all the water into the center and start kneading. You will need to obtain a smooth and homogeneous dough, not too hard but at the same time not excessively soft. For this, adjust the amount of water based on how much your flour calls.
- Then roll out the dough, with a rolling pin or with the appropriate machine, until it reaches a thickness of one millimeter.
- Then make some noodles : you can roll up the pasta and cut it with a knife into strips of one centimeter or use the special die. Sprinkle them with semolina and set aside.
- Now dedicate yourself to the preparation of the sauce. Chop celery , carrot and onion with a knife and brown them in oil together with the sprig of rosemary.
- Then add the beans and after a couple of minutes the two types of tomatoes .
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until it has shrunk.
- Boil the pasta in salted water and mix it with the sauce, stirring gently. If needed, you can adjust the final consistency of the dish with cooking water.
- Serve immediately.
We also recommend trying the classic pasta and beans recipe, simply delicious and perfect for tackling the cold winter evenings.
Sagne and beans should be consumed as soon as it is made . Alternatively, you can keep the pasta in the refrigerator, before cooking, covered with a cloth and well coated with semolina. The sauce can also be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days, ready to enrich another meal.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...