The salmon and potato meatballs are a tantalizing dish, nice to eat even with your hands and perfect for a standing dinner.
The salmon and potato balls are fun and pleasantly captivating. You can prepare them in advance, and cook them in the oven only at the last moment. If the potatoes are large, they may take longer to cook. To check their consistency , carefully pierce them with a toothpick, it must enter without encountering any resistance. If you like, you can also put sweet paprika in the filling. The same meatballs, instead of cooking in the oven, can also be fried, but they turn out to be heavier. However you prepare them, you can serve them both as a second course, as a nice aperitif or appetizer, even finger food .
Preparation of meatballs with salmon and potatoes
- To prepare these salmon and potato croquettes, start by washing the potatoes, preferably all of the same size, put them in a large pot, and cover them with water.
- Put the pot on a stove and bring to a boil. To boil, second measure, they should take 30-40 minutes .
- Meanwhile, put two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan, heat it and cook the salmon fillets for two minutes per side. Salt and pepper them lightly.
- Remove them from the heat, let them cool and reduce them to crumbs, taking care to remove the skin and any thorns.
- When the potatoes are cooked, peel and mash with a potato masher. Add salt and pepper.
- To the potatoes add the crumbled salmon, the washed and finely chopped parsley leaves, the egg, and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix well in order to mix all the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees .
- With the potato and salmon mixture, prepare meatballs of the size you prefer.
- Pass them in breadcrumbs and place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Complete all the meatballs and bake for 15 minutes .
- Let it cool for five minutes and bring to the table. You can also serve them accompanied by your favorite sauces .
These fish and potato balls can be stored for about 2 days in the refrigerator, inside a special food container with lid. If necessary, just heat them in a pan with a drizzle of oil or turn them in the oven for a few minutes . We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.