The burrida is a typical recipe of Sardinian cuisine based on dogfish, walnuts and vinegar. Here’s how this second detail is prepared.
The term burrida refers to various fish-based preparations typical of Liguria, Provence and Sardinia. It is precisely in the latter region, however, that this recipe has entered the tradition , becoming a real typical product. The Cagliari burrida is famous throughout the island but there are small variations in the ingredients depending on the area, as in the case of the burrida in red.
The Sardinian burrida is to be considered a single dish. To prepare it you will need the dogfish , walnuts and vinegar . These are the ingredients that make the dish so tasty and special. Keep in mind, however, that the preparation, although it is an easy recipe, requires a rest time of about two days before it can be served. Let’s see all the steps together in detail.
How to prepare the burrida with the original recipe
- First clean the dogfish and set the liver aside. Instead, remove the skin and then cut the meat into pieces that are not too large ( about 3-4 cm ).
- Bring a pot of water and vinegar to a boil (2 tablespoons taken from the total), add a pinch of salt and a bay leaf then dip the fish and cook for 5 minutes .
- Blend the walnuts, onion and garlic in a food processor and transfer everything to a large pan with the oil and a bay leaf.
- Brown for a few minutes over low heat then add the fish livers and mash them with a fork.
- Add the vinegar and let it evaporate over high heat.
- Transfer the dogfish to the bottom of a glass container with a lid, cover with the boiling sauce, close and let it rest for 24 hours .
- Stir with a fork, close again and wait another 24 hours before consuming your second tasty dish.
If you love recipes of this type, then we recommend that you also try the more classic (and quick) fish soup : it’s a really delicious first course!
The red burrida instead is typical of the Cabras area and is prepared in a similar way with the only difference that instead of understanding the fish with the walnut-based sauce, a tomato sauce is made with chopped garlic and onion, chilli, bay leaf, a a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar and lemon slices. After letting it cook, pour it over the blanched fish and let it rest for a day before serving.
The burrida can be kept in the refrigerator for 4-5 days . However, we advise you to consume it at room temperature.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...