The burrida is a typical recipe of Sardinian cuisine based on dogfish, walnuts and vinegar. Here’s how this second detail is prepared.
The term burrida refers to various fish-based preparations typical of Liguria, Provence and Sardinia. It is precisely in the latter region, however, that this recipe has entered the tradition , becoming a real typical product. The Cagliari burrida is famous throughout the island but there are small variations in the ingredients depending on the area, as in the case of the burrida in red.
The Sardinian burrida is to be considered a single dish. To prepare it you will need the dogfish , walnuts and vinegar . These are the ingredients that make the dish so tasty and special. Keep in mind, however, that the preparation, although it is an easy recipe, requires a rest time of about two days before it can be served. Let’s see all the steps together in detail.
How to prepare the burrida with the original recipe
- First clean the dogfish and set the liver aside. Instead, remove the skin and then cut the meat into pieces that are not too large ( about 3-4 cm ).
- Bring a pot of water and vinegar to a boil (2 tablespoons taken from the total), add a pinch of salt and a bay leaf then dip the fish and cook for 5 minutes .
- Blend the walnuts, onion and garlic in a food processor and transfer everything to a large pan with the oil and a bay leaf.
- Brown for a few minutes over low heat then add the fish livers and mash them with a fork.
- Add the vinegar and let it evaporate over high heat.
- Transfer the dogfish to the bottom of a glass container with a lid, cover with the boiling sauce, close and let it rest for 24 hours .
- Stir with a fork, close again and wait another 24 hours before consuming your second tasty dish.
If you love recipes of this type, then we recommend that you also try the more classic (and quick) fish soup : it’s a really delicious first course!
The red burrida instead is typical of the Cabras area and is prepared in a similar way with the only difference that instead of understanding the fish with the walnut-based sauce, a tomato sauce is made with chopped garlic and onion, chilli, bay leaf, a a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar and lemon slices. After letting it cook, pour it over the blanched fish and let it rest for a day before serving.
The burrida can be kept in the refrigerator for 4-5 days . However, we advise you to consume it at room temperature.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...