The burrida is a typical recipe of Sardinian cuisine based on dogfish, walnuts and vinegar. Here’s how this second detail is prepared.
The term burrida refers to various fish-based preparations typical of Liguria, Provence and Sardinia. It is precisely in the latter region, however, that this recipe has entered the tradition , becoming a real typical product. The Cagliari burrida is famous throughout the island but there are small variations in the ingredients depending on the area, as in the case of the burrida in red.
The Sardinian burrida is to be considered a single dish. To prepare it you will need the dogfish , walnuts and vinegar . These are the ingredients that make the dish so tasty and special. Keep in mind, however, that the preparation, although it is an easy recipe, requires a rest time of about two days before it can be served. Let’s see all the steps together in detail.
How to prepare the burrida with the original recipe
- First clean the dogfish and set the liver aside. Instead, remove the skin and then cut the meat into pieces that are not too large ( about 3-4 cm ).
- Bring a pot of water and vinegar to a boil (2 tablespoons taken from the total), add a pinch of salt and a bay leaf then dip the fish and cook for 5 minutes .
- Blend the walnuts, onion and garlic in a food processor and transfer everything to a large pan with the oil and a bay leaf.
- Brown for a few minutes over low heat then add the fish livers and mash them with a fork.
- Add the vinegar and let it evaporate over high heat.
- Transfer the dogfish to the bottom of a glass container with a lid, cover with the boiling sauce, close and let it rest for 24 hours .
- Stir with a fork, close again and wait another 24 hours before consuming your second tasty dish.
If you love recipes of this type, then we recommend that you also try the more classic (and quick) fish soup : it’s a really delicious first course!
The red burrida instead is typical of the Cabras area and is prepared in a similar way with the only difference that instead of understanding the fish with the walnut-based sauce, a tomato sauce is made with chopped garlic and onion, chilli, bay leaf, a a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar and lemon slices. After letting it cook, pour it over the blanched fish and let it rest for a day before serving.
The burrida can be kept in the refrigerator for 4-5 days . However, we advise you to consume it at room temperature.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...