Savory star-shaped biscuits are ideal when served as an appetizer during a Christmas lunch or dinner. Try it also with the Thermomix!
A festive-themed aperitif will be even tastier and more fun with these savory Christmas cookies. They are prepared with a base of salt pastry, to be cut with the appropriate cookie cutters to make them stars, but also ombini and saplings.
You can serve these simple and quick biscuits to make as an aperitif or appetizer, perhaps accompanied by a salmon or vegetable mousse , or an exquisite spreadable cheese , or you can leave them at the table as a substitute for bread. Let’s see how to prepare this Christmas recipe to be included in your Christmas menu, even with the legendary Thermomix .
Preparation of savory Parmesan biscuits
- To prepare your savory biscuits, start crumbling the very cold butter , made into small pieces, together with the 0 flour. The butter, just like when preparing the shortcrust pastry for desserts, must gradually become grainy, mixing perfectly with the flour .
- When the two ingredients are almost indistinguishable, add an egg yolk, a pinch of salt, the grated Parmesan and all the aromas: ginger, pepper, fennel seeds and dried oregano.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes, then let it rest for half an hour, not necessarily in the fridge.
- At this point you can roll out the dough on a work surface and cut it out with the shapes of the gingerbread men, or stars or other Christmas-themed subjects.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven at 180 ° C for about a quarter of an hour . When the biscuits are golden on the surface, let them cool completely before serving. Enjoy your meal!
How to make savory biscuits with the Thermomix
If you want to prepare these cookies also with the Thermomix: the procedure is even faster!
- Put all the ingredients in the jug and mix them well by setting the machine at speed. 4 for 30 seconds .
- At this point all you have to do is roll out the dough, give your biscuits the shape you want and bake them in the oven at 180 ° C for about a quarter of an hour .
If you liked the recipe for savory Christmas cookies, discover the video of the preparation .
And if you liked these biscuits, try our mushroom sfogliette with stringy cheese : another delicious appetizer!
We recommend storing these biscuits for a maximum of 1 day , in a cool and dry place, preferably in a special food container with a lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...