Savory star-shaped biscuits are ideal when served as an appetizer during a Christmas lunch or dinner. Try it also with the Thermomix!
A festive-themed aperitif will be even tastier and more fun with these savory Christmas cookies. They are prepared with a base of salt pastry, to be cut with the appropriate cookie cutters to make them stars, but also ombini and saplings.
You can serve these simple and quick biscuits to make as an aperitif or appetizer, perhaps accompanied by a salmon or vegetable mousse , or an exquisite spreadable cheese , or you can leave them at the table as a substitute for bread. Let’s see how to prepare this Christmas recipe to be included in your Christmas menu, even with the legendary Thermomix .
Preparation of savory Parmesan biscuits
- To prepare your savory biscuits, start crumbling the very cold butter , made into small pieces, together with the 0 flour. The butter, just like when preparing the shortcrust pastry for desserts, must gradually become grainy, mixing perfectly with the flour .
- When the two ingredients are almost indistinguishable, add an egg yolk, a pinch of salt, the grated Parmesan and all the aromas: ginger, pepper, fennel seeds and dried oregano.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes, then let it rest for half an hour, not necessarily in the fridge.
- At this point you can roll out the dough on a work surface and cut it out with the shapes of the gingerbread men, or stars or other Christmas-themed subjects.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven at 180 ° C for about a quarter of an hour . When the biscuits are golden on the surface, let them cool completely before serving. Enjoy your meal!
How to make savory biscuits with the Thermomix
If you want to prepare these cookies also with the Thermomix: the procedure is even faster!
- Put all the ingredients in the jug and mix them well by setting the machine at speed. 4 for 30 seconds .
- At this point all you have to do is roll out the dough, give your biscuits the shape you want and bake them in the oven at 180 ° C for about a quarter of an hour .
If you liked the recipe for savory Christmas cookies, discover the video of the preparation .
And if you liked these biscuits, try our mushroom sfogliette with stringy cheese : another delicious appetizer!
We recommend storing these biscuits for a maximum of 1 day , in a cool and dry place, preferably in a special food container with a lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...