A savory pie with intense flavors that is also an excellent single vegetarian dish. Let’s find out the recipe for the savory pie with black cabbage and escarole.
The savory pie is always a good solution even for a buffet with friends. This is excellent accompanied by a Belgian amber beer, sweet and aromatic, in contrast to the slightly aromatic taste of the cake. What dish are we talking about? Of our savory pie with black cabbage and escarole, a quick and easy recipe, vegetarian but with taste. The mix of vegetables with the greedy touch of gorgonzola is just what you are looking for to start a quick dinner or lunch with friends!
Preparation of the savory pie with black cabbage and escarole
- In a bowl mix white flour and wholemeal flour, then arrange the mix on a pastry board, to form the classic “fountain”.
- Add the softened butter to the fountain, a pinch of salt and, slowly, the amount of water necessary to form a homogeneous mixture.
- Work the dough with your hands, when it is ready cover it with cling film and let it rest for at least an hour.
- Now clean the black cabbage by removing the central rib, which is always hard and not very digestible, then cut the rest into small pieces and steam it for 10-12 minutes or boil it in salted water for 5-6 minutes .
- When the cabbage is cooked, drain it well and let it cool, then pass it to the mixer together with the gorgonzola until a fine mixture is obtained.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and a pinch of salt and mix everything into the mixture.
- Turn on the oven at 180 ° C. While you wait for it to heat up, slice the shallot finely and brown them in a pan with two large tablespoons of oil for about 5-6 minutes .
- Then add the sliced escarole, salt everything to your liking and cook for 10 minutes over a high heat, making sure that most of the liquid dries.
- With a rolling pin you can now roll out the dough that was resting, making it a thin sheet.
- Oil a 24-26 cm cake pan and place the pastry on it, folding the upper part of the edge on itself, so as to form a “double” edge of about 1 cm.
- Press the edge on the pan with your fingers to make it adhere well, prick the bottom of the pastry with a fork and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- When it is cooked, remove the pasta from the oven and let it cool a bit. Fill it with the sautéed escarole and then cover it with the creamy mixture of cabbage, gorgonzola and eggs.
- Bake again at 180 ° C for another 15-20 minutes and serve.
Black cabbage is one of the winter vegetables and there are tons of recipes to try !
You can keep this quick and easy-to-make quiche in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days and well covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...