Orange scallops are a delicious appetizer, but also elegant and refined, perfect to be served at a fish lunch or dinner. Here is the recipe!
Do you love scallops and shellfish in general? Today we offer you a simple and perfect recipe for a fish lunch or dinner: orange scallops, simple to prepare but rich in taste. In this recipe, the scallops are first marinated in an emulsion of orange juice, olive oil and herbs , then they are baked in the oven.
If you are not practical in choosing scallops, I recommend that you get help from your trusted fishmonger .
Preparation of scallops au gratin with orange
- First, take the scallops, wash them well making sure to remove any residual sand, then squeeze the orange juice and grate the zest.
- In a small bowl, prepare an emulsion with the orange juice, oil, chopped chilli pepper, a pinch of salt, peppercorns and chopped chives, mix well and pour everything into a baking dish.
- Place the scallops that you have delicately removed from the shell in the pan.
- Cover with cling film and marinate in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- After the marinating time has elapsed, quickly drain the marinated scallops and place each one on a shell.
- Transfer the scallops to a baking tray lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with a spoonful of marinade and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 8-10 minutes .
- If you want to make it more crunchy you can sprinkle your scallops with breadcrumbs.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and serve immediately, enjoy your meal!
Alternatively, you can try the classic recipe for scallops au gratin .
We recommend consuming this juicy and fresh seafood at the moment . We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...