Orange scallops are a delicious appetizer, but also elegant and refined, perfect to be served at a fish lunch or dinner. Here is the recipe!
Do you love scallops and shellfish in general? Today we offer you a simple and perfect recipe for a fish lunch or dinner: orange scallops, simple to prepare but rich in taste. In this recipe, the scallops are first marinated in an emulsion of orange juice, olive oil and herbs , then they are baked in the oven.
If you are not practical in choosing scallops, I recommend that you get help from your trusted fishmonger .
Preparation of scallops au gratin with orange
- First, take the scallops, wash them well making sure to remove any residual sand, then squeeze the orange juice and grate the zest.
- In a small bowl, prepare an emulsion with the orange juice, oil, chopped chilli pepper, a pinch of salt, peppercorns and chopped chives, mix well and pour everything into a baking dish.
- Place the scallops that you have delicately removed from the shell in the pan.
- Cover with cling film and marinate in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- After the marinating time has elapsed, quickly drain the marinated scallops and place each one on a shell.
- Transfer the scallops to a baking tray lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with a spoonful of marinade and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 8-10 minutes .
- If you want to make it more crunchy you can sprinkle your scallops with breadcrumbs.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and serve immediately, enjoy your meal!
Alternatively, you can try the classic recipe for scallops au gratin .
We recommend consuming this juicy and fresh seafood at the moment . We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...