The seitan meatballs with tomato are soft, healthy and tasty, ideal for a different vegan dinner than usual.
Tomato seitan meatballs are an interesting and tasty vegetarian alternative to meat. Seitan is a mixture made from different cereals and has Japanese origin. It is a high protein food, but it also contains a high amount of gluten, therefore it is not suitable for those suffering from celiac disease. In this recipe, the tomato guarantees the necessary softness and sweetens the taste and flavor of seitan and chard.
Preparation of seitan meatballs with tomato
- Start preparing the seitan meatballs by placing a pot of water on the stove and bringing it to a boil.
- Clean the chard by removing the coarser ribs, chop it coarsely and cook it in boiling water for five minutes.
- Drain it, squeeze it well with the help of a spoon and, when cold enough to be handled, chop finely.
- Finely chop the onion and crumble the seitan.
- Put the diced bread to soak in soy milk for two minutes, squeeze it well and crumble it with your hands.
- In a bowl, combine bread, chard, seitan, onion (set aside about a tablespoon ), salt, pepper and two tablespoons of flour. Mix well.
- Wet your hands , and with the seitan mixture make meatballs the size of a ping-pong ball .
- Pour the frying oil into a pan and bring it to temperature.
- When hot, flour the meatballs and fry them for 2-3 minutes , they must be well browned. Dry the meatballs on kitchen paper.
- In another pan put three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Put it on a medium heat, add the spoonful of chopped onion set aside and the pine nuts, and fry for a minute .
- Add the tomato puree and cook for five minutes.
- Add the meatballs , turn them well in the tomato, and cook for another ten minutes . Salt and pepper. Let it cool and serve.
If you liked this recipe, try the seitan sauce as well .
This delicious second dish can be kept for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator, inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...