Self tanner is the perfect product for men and women who want to be tanned all year long!
There are many types of this product: you can find it in cream, gel, spray or towels. Before applying it, it is important to follow a few rules, in order to obtain a natural and homogeneous result. Self tanners contain DHA. This substance, when comes into contact with keratin, changes your skin color, making it more golden.
The mistakes to avoid
1. Always read the instructions on the packaging;
2. Test the product on a small portion of skin to understand how it will react;
3. Exfoliate and moisturize your skin before applying the self tanner, or you risk that the most dry skin parts will absorb more product, creating annoying spots.
4. Dose the product: at the beginning, try a gradual self tanner lotion.
5. Do not apply it casually. Start from your feet and ankles and go up to the thigh. When it comes to your face, start on your cheeks, moving upwards, and blend well around your eyes. Do not apply self tanner on your eyebrows.
6. When you finish applying the product, wash your hands, but only your palm, so the upper part will have the same color of the rest of your body.
7. Wait until the product is well absorbed before getting dressed again, in order to avoid spots on your clothes.
To remove self tanner, prepare a hot bath full of foam, and stay in the bathtub for at least 1 hour. Alternatively, you can use a specific tanner remover. They are very easy to use and you can find it in cream or towels.
Photo source: https://pxhere.com/it/photo/1418565
ultimo aggiornamento: 22-02-2019