Do you want to loose some weight and quickly get back in shape? Find out how with the 3-day detox diet.
In some periods of the year, for example after summer or Christmas holidays, it might be useful to do for a few days of detox diet to eliminate toxins. Usually, during the holidays we tend to eat lot of junk food, which intoxicates our liver and the whole organism.
Therefore, this diet is not a simple slimming diet, but a true purifiying diet, perfect for our body well-being.
Before asking a nutritionist for an actual slimming diet, you might try this 3 days diet, to detox your body and facilitate your weight loss. Let’s see how to do it!
What the detox diet is: when to follow it, and which foods to eat
The best time to start this diet is definitely after a period of binge eating, for example after the Christmas holidays. During these periods, maybe even without realizing it, we tend to eat a lot more food. This can also lead to consequences such as drowsiness, difficulty in waking up, heavy head and mouth dryness. All these symptoms will help us understand that perhaps it is the right time to detoxify our body!
What to eat while following a detox diet: absolutely avoid meat as well as cheese and eggs. However, you can eat fish in moderation an cooking it lighlty (steamed, baked or boiled). With regard to milk products, you can only eat low-fat yogurts, ricotta cheese and buttermilk.
Finally, other than eating seasonal fruits and vegetables, we recommend you to use spices such as sage, thyme, rosemary, basil, parsley, but also garlic, onion and oil. In this way, you can make tasty dishes reducing the use of salt and pepper.
Let’s see in detail a menu example!
Detox diet: menu for the week
This diet is not for weight loss, but to cleanse your body. For this reason, it is not very restrictive, but it is aimed to eliminate harmful foods. If you want to test it, following there is a menu example, which of course you can modify according to your taste and needs.
– Breakfast: drink a glass of warm water with a lemon juice before eating a seasonal fruit salad and a low-fat yogurt with whole grain cornflakes.
– Lunch: brown rice seasoned with fresh tomato sauce and a fillet of boiled European plaice.
– Dinner: raw vegetables salad, with tuna and potatoes, topped with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
– Breakfast: the usual glass of lemony water, followed by a low-fat yogurt with dried fruits and whole grain oat flakes.
– Lunch: seasonal vegetable soup and half a wholewheat sandwich.
– Dinner: salad with tomatoes, onion, lettuce and cubes of light cheese.
– Breakfast: a glass of warm water and lemon, wholegrain oat porridge sweetened with honey and a low-fat yogurt.
– Lunch: detox juice of fruits and/or vegetables, with brown rice crackers.
– Dinner: steamed salmon with baked potatoes.
As a mid-morning and afternoon snack you can eat a handful of pumpkin seeds or almonds, or a seasonal fruit (except the banana).
PHOTO SOURCE: https://pixabay.com/it/yogurt-frutta-vaniglia-fragole-1442034/
Nicoletta Chiara Romano