Spaghetti allo scammaro, a recipe of the poor Neapolitan tradition, fast and perfect for a light lunch but at the same time very tasty.
Spaghetti with scammaro is a simple first course to prepare but with a unique taste thanks to the combination of the ingredients for the dressing: olives and capers, combined with the sweeter flavor of pine nuts and raisins, create a unique mix. The sauce is prepared in no time and you can cook everything at the same time as the pasta .
The pasta prepared following this recipe can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days maximum, here is the preparation step by step.
Preparation of the scammaro pasta
- First put the raisins to soak in a bowl of warm water, then drain the olives from their preservation liquid, rinse them well and cut them in half or in rounds.
- Take a large pan, pour a drizzle of olive oil on the bottom, put it on the stove and brown the garlic cloves for a few minutes.
- Remove the browned garlic and add the squeezed soaked raisins, pine nuts, capers and olives.
- Cook over low heat and in the meantime boil the spaghetti in abundant salted water for the time indicated on the package.
- After cooking, drain the spaghetti and quickly put them in a pan with the sauce prepared previously.
- Add a sprinkling of breadcrumbs and fresh parsley (or basil).
- Mix well and serve immediately, enjoy your meal!
If you prefer, you can also prepare the most classic spaghetti with sardines .
This pasta dish should be eaten at the moment , just drained and combined with the sauce. However, you can try to keep it in the refrigerator for up to 1 day , in case you can’t finish it. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison