Spaghetti with clams in white is a delicious dish: a refined and tasty recipe. Seeing is believing!
Today we prepare magnificent spaghetti with clams: creamy, tasty and very easy to prepare, but always of great effect. It is one of the most famous dishes of the Italian tradition, which can be made in many ways , adding different ingredients or modifying some steps of the recipe.
Today we will make the two classic versions of the dish: the white one and the one with tomato. Obviously, for a perfect result, make sure you have purchased fresh, quality clams.
Let’s start: here is the recipe for spaghetti with clams and its tomato variant!
How to make pasta with clams
1. Let’s see immediately how to purge the clams . The preparation of the clams is essential, and we advise you to do it well in advance before starting. Take your fresh clams and pour them into a bowl.
2. Fill it with cold water, add coarse salt and leave them to soak for at least 2-3 hours by changing the water a couple of times (remember to add salt each time to recreate the sea conditions and that will lead the mollusk to open to release the sand).
3. After the indicated time, drain and rinse with cold water.
4. Give each one a small tap (perhaps on the countertop or inside the sink) to remove any sand left, and finally brush the shell.
5. At this point we can begin with the actual preparation : let’s see how to cook clams! Once you have put the water for the pasta on, put them in a pot with garlic, white wine, parsley and let them open.
6. Cook the pasta, and in a pan brown the garlic clove with olive oil and chilli (if you like you can also add some tomatoes. Add the clams and the water released by them, which you must have filtered first.
7. At this point, when the pasta is al dente, drain it in a pan, mix everything well, adding a few tablespoons of cooking water as needed.
8. Finish with pepper and more fresh parsley . Enjoy your meal!
And here’s how to cook spaghetti with clams in white or with the addition of some tomatoes. Did you like this recipe and our clam sauce? We recommend that you also try all our fish first courses !
Spaghetti with clams with tomato
Let’s now prepare a fabulous clam sauce with tomato: this variant will give the palate more acidic notes , and moreover the sauce will make the pasta bond with the molluscs. The ingredients are the same as in the previous recipe, except for the tomatoes.
You can use peeled tomatoes, pulp, passata or fresh tomatoes. In the latter case, just leave them in hot water for 5 minutes and remove the skin with the help of a small knife. To be faster, however, start directly with 200 ml of tomato sauce. Let’s get started !
- Purge the clams the day before , and once they are thoroughly cleaned of any residual sand, brush the shell.
- Open them in a pot with garlic, parsley and white wine, and once opened, leave them aside, filtering the liquid left on the bottom.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water, and in the meantime dedicate yourself to the tomato sauce. Heat a clove of garlic in a pan with a drizzle of oil, add the sauce and reduce it after adding salt and pepper.
- Add a little ‘of the cooking water of the clams and once the spaghetti are cooked, dip them in the sauce .
- Sauté with fresh parsley, a drizzle of oil and, if you still need, a ladle of water.
- Finally, add the clams.
If you want the tomato to be less intrusive, you can also prepare spaghetti with clams and cherry tomatoes: cut them in half, sauté them in a pan with oil and garlic and finally put the open clams back with their cooking liquid!
Also try all our summer first courses for delicious and really quick and easy recipes!
Tips for a perfect dish with clams
There are a few precautions to keep in mind to make a perfect pasta with clams. The first is, undoubtedly, the cleaning of shellfish . You have to take all the time necessary to let them drain and, once sautéed in the pan, remember to filter the clams and their sauce well. If you do not have time to filter the clams but you have done a long soak you can also risk completing the recipe without this step … a few grains of sand will not be a tragedy in case!
The quality of the pasta is also important. Take spaghetti that are cooked, and therefore of good quality. Spaghetti with clams al dente are really the best for this dish. To make them al dente you need to taste and probably drain them 1-2 minutes earlier than the package indicates. To be sure that the pasta is cooked perfectly, you can also remove the water about 3-4 minutes beforehand and continue cooking in a pan with the clams by adding a ladle of hot cooking water.
Pay attention to the wine used . The white wine for spaghetti with clams is the dry one. Add half a glass and witness the magic. Then always remember to eliminate the clams that will not open in the pan, they should not be eaten at all.
We recommend consuming this recipe for a tasty and easy first course of fish at the moment . We do not recommend storing in the freezer and in the fridge.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...