Spaghetti with garlic, oil and chilli pepper are a classic of Italian cuisine, ideal to serve on any occasion and very quick to prepare.
Spaghetti with garlic, oil and chilli pepper are one of the most representative first courses of the Italian tradition, but also of improvised meals, first of all the classic midnight spaghetti! But contrary to what some people think, they are not that easy to do. The truth is that this dish is based on the quality of the ingredients and the perfect balance of flavors, as well as on impeccable cooking of the pasta. Because it is precisely in apparently simple dishes that the details make the difference.
First of all, to prepare a perfect garlic oil and chilli paste, you must make sure you use top quality ingredients: a good extra virgin olive oil, a fragrant chilli pepper, and fresh garlic and parsley.
And what about the preparation? Well, if you really want to discover all the secrets to making this recipe, follow us in the kitchen: here is the recipe for spaghetti with garlic, oil and chilli!
How to make the recipe of the garlic oil chilli pasta
- Let’s start immediately with the first common mistake: to make this pasta you don’t need half a bottle of oil, just three or four tablespoons are enough. Put them in a non-stick pan and immediately add the fresh chilli pepper, minced and deprived of most of the seeds and a whole clove of garlic.
- As for the other clove, cut it in half and remove the inner core, so as to make the dish lighter, then start chopping it as finely as possible.
- Also chop the chilli and set aside.
- Take a pan and pour the oil inside. When it is hot, add the garlic and brown it well, being careful not to burn it.
- Also add the chilli and let the oil flavor for a few more seconds, then turn off the flame.
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water and drain it al dente directly into the pan with the sauce.
- Turn on the flame and stir the spaghetti well by adding a ladle of cooking water.
- Serve, complete with chopped parsley and serve.
Now that you know all the secrets of the garlic oil and chilli pepper recipe, we can only wish you a good appetite and also recommend all our best quick first courses .
Pasta with garlic, oil and hot pepper risotto and with the thermomix: two variants of preparation
There are many versions to prepare this first dish typical of the Italian culinary tradition. In addition to the classic steps you can also make risotto pasta or with the Thermomix. Let’s see both versions together.
- After having chopped garlic and chillies and heated them with oil, you have to move on to the pasta. Take a saucepan, water and coarse salt. Once the water is boiling, drop the spaghetti. And here we are, finally, at the most important secret for the success of these spaghetti: the cooking water.
- Cook the spaghetti for half the time in the pot, and for the rest directly in the pan with the fragrant oil, using the cooking water. In this way, by cooking the pasta, the starch from the water will form a delicious sauce together with the fats of the extra virgin olive oil, which will make the difference between a spectacular pasta dish and a dry and not very creamy one.
- At this stage, be careful not to overdo it by putting too much or too little water: the pasta must cook, but at the same time it must not be flooded once cooked!
- When you get the perfect consistency, turn off the heat and toss the pasta with the chopped parsley, remove the garlic and serve it on the table while still hot.
Spaghetti garlic oil chili with the Thermomix
- In this case, take the garlic, parsley and chilli and put them in the jug by operating the Thermomix at speed. 7 for 5-10 seconds.
- Add the oil and cook everything at 100 ° C for 5 minutes at speed. 1 then set aside.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for the time indicated, once cooked put it back in the jug together with the sauce and let it stir for 2 minutes at vel.1
- Serve and serve.
Spaghetti with garlic and oil: other variations
Of course, tradition is always tradition, but who said we can’t make delicious variations of this fabulous first course? If you want to enrich the pasta with garlic, oil and chilli, you can add, for example, cherry tomatoes, which will give freshness to the pasta.
Another idea is to make this dish according to the calabrese variant, which provides for the addition of the crumb of bread and anchovy fillets. As for the bread, toast it in a pan with oil, salt and garlic, while the anchovies can be melted in the pan along with the rest of the seasonings.
On the other hand, the simpler version of spaghetti with garlic, oil and chilli pepper with breadcrumbs, which is also called Salento: brown the bread in a pan with a little oil for a minute and sprinkle it on the plate instead of the cheese! Do you still want a proposal? Here you are served: you absolutely must try the spaghetti with garlic, oil, chilli and clams. Drain the shellfish and then put them in a pan with the oil, minced garlic and chilli for a few minutes. Turn the flame back on just when you add the pasta, the cooking water to whisk and the parsley at the end of preparation.
In short, as you will have understood, there are no limits to the imagination! You can also add other vegetables, capers, anchovies, walnuts, or for those who love strong flavors, tuna bottarga, which you can grate directly onto pasta once served on the plate.
For other spaghetti recipes, we recommend all our delicious first courses !
If you have any leftover, keep this first course in the fridge for a day in a well-sealed container .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...