It’s time for Christmas cakes: today we present the star cake, with the scent of cinnamon and coffee and prepared directly in the panettone mold.
The star-shaped cake is a real hymn to Christmas, although very different from tradition. But in the end who said that for Christmas lunch you always have to eat pandoro and panettone? If you too want to break the mold, offer your guests this unusual cake on your Christmas menu . Obviously it is part of the quick and simple recipes that will make your life a little easier. Christmas recipes are always so elaborate that they can often put you off, but this cake is different: it will leave you breathless, without exhausting you !
Since it’s Christmas, we didn’t want to give up the classic paper panettone mold, but in the shape of a star: you can get it online or from your baker. Plus, we just couldn’t leave out cinnamon, the quintessential spice of this holiday.
Preparation of the Christmas star-shaped cake
- Start heating the oven to 180 ° C.
- In a saucepan, heat the water and add the cocoa and instant coffee.
- Mix very well to dissolve, and make sure there are no lumps.
- In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients: mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and mix.
- Separately, beat the sugar, the oil and the egg.
- Add the flour mixture several times, alternating it with the coffee mixture.
- When the mixture is homogeneous, add half the chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour the mixture into a panettone mold, place the remaining chocolate chips on top and bake for about 30 minutes , doing the toothpick test.
- Serve your star cake when it has cooled and decorate it as you like!
If, on the other hand, you want to use the mold in the most classic way, then you have to try your hand at panettone !
We recommend keeping this Christmas cake in a cool and dry place for a maximum of 2-3 days , away from sources of light or heat. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...