Also known as Venetian bisato, eel stewed Venetian style is a particular second dish, excellent to be served with a slice of white polenta.
Cooking eel seems to be anything but simple as it is a fish used only in some areas of Italy . Among these there is the Venetian lagoon which boasts one of the best eel recipes ever. We are talking about venetian stewed eel, also known as bisato in tecia or venetian eel.
As always when it comes to regional recipes, to ensure that they are known by more and more people, it is necessary to resort to cooking programs. In this case we are talking about Dinner Club , the Prime Video program that takes us around Italy to discover new flavors. Let’s find out all the steps to prepare a Venetian bisato to perfection!
How to prepare the Venetian style stewed eel recipe
- First, wash the eel thoroughly under running water.
- Then remove the bowels and any residual blood and rinse it a second time.
- Cut it into pieces of about 5 cm and transfer them to a bowl with water and vinegar . Leave it for an hour.
- Then drain the fish and pass it again under running water.
- In a saucepan, preferably earthenware, brown the chopped onion , garlic and half of the parsley in oil .
- Add the tomatoes and leave to flavor for 10 minutes.
- Now all that remains is to add the other ingredients and begin the actual cooking: first the chopped eel , then the wine , vinegar , salt , pepper and bay leaf .
- Let it go over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so as to obtain an even cooking.
Venetian eel is even better the next day, perhaps accompanied with a slice of white polenta , just as tradition dictates.
Since this dish is even tastier the next day, if you have any leftover it is certainly not a problem. Keep the Venetian eel in a well-covered refrigerator and reheat it before serving.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison