With their stringy filling, the stuffed dumplings are perfect for a family dinner. Here’s how to prepare them with cheese and tomato and mozzarella.
Stuffed gnocchi have a charm of their own because they combine the goodness of gnocchi with that of a delicious filling . Whether it is the classic cheese- based (the one we will see today), or the tomato and mozzarella one , in both cases, at the first bite, you will be inundated with stringy cheese and you cannot fail to be impressed.
To make the stuffed potato gnocchi, however, we will use instead of simple flour, a mixture of flour and semolina . The resulting dough is more compact and easier to work with and it is this characteristic that makes the preparation of the recipe so simple. What do you say, have we convinced you to try them?
How to prepare the recipe for stuffed gnocchi
- First, boil the potatoes , preferably with the peel, in plenty of salted water. The time varies according to the size, from 40 to 50 minutes. If you want you can also peel the potatoes and cut them into chunks to speed up the preparation but it may be necessary to add more flour to get the right consistency.
- Once ready, drain the potatoes and mash them immediately in a bowl with the help of a fork or potato masher.
- Let them cool then add a pinch of salt and the two flours .
- Mix everything and once you have a fairly firm dough, form loaves of 2 cm in diameter and cut them into 2 cm pieces .
- Flatten them one by one on the palm of your hand.
- Put a cube of fontina cheese in the center, close well, rolling the ball in your hands and set aside.
- Once ready, boil them in boiling salted water just for the time they come to the surface.
- Drain them with a slotted spoon and pass them in the chosen sauce : they are excellent with butter and sage, cheese fondue or cream.
How to prepare the gnocchi stuffed with tomato and mozzarella
The preparation of the dough is the same as the previous one so you can follow the procedure up to point 5. Then continue in this way:
- Put a little thick tomato sauce seasoned with salt and oregano in the center of the dumpling.
- Add a cube of mozzarella for pizza (or stretched curd cheese such as galbanino, scamorza, etc.) and close.
- Boil the gnocchi in salted water just as long as they come to the surface, drain with a skimmer and season to taste.
There is really something for all tastes and to discover them all, take a look at our gnocchi recipes : they are delicious and simple to prepare.
You can preserve the stuffed gnocchi before cooking by spreading them on a tray and sprinkling them with semolina. This way they will keep in the refrigerator for one or two days.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...