Sweet potato toast is the new food trend from the United States: if you’ve never heard of it, give it a chance!
The idea of making toast on a slice of potato seems to have come from blogger Kelsey Preciado . In fact, the girl decided to replace the avocado with the one she had on hand . To many it may not seem like the star recipe of the century, and we can’t blame you, but surely that of sweet potato toast is a healthy and brilliant idea. The potato is cut into slices and passed in the oven: in this way it becomes a lighter and healthier bread substitute, which lends itself well to both a sweet and savory filling.
Preparation of sweet potato toast
Let’s start by telling you that sweet potato toast has your imagination as its only limit. The recipe that we propose today, in fact, is certainly not the only variant that you can make. Just include the ingredients you prefer and season to your liking.
- The first step is to wash the sweet potato well and cut it into rather thick slices (about 1 cm).
- Then put the potato slices in the preheated oven at 200 ° C.
- Leave them for about ten minutes but keep an eye on them: they must not burn.
- If you prefer, once taken out of the oven, put them in a pan for up to 2 minutes with a drizzle of coconut oil to “cross” them.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, arrange them on plates, add a handful of cottage cheese and a spoonful of honey per slice .
- Finally conclude with the blueberries and bring to the table.
You can also use peanut butter instead of honey: try it!
Eat this light dish right now , for a good breakfast or a hearty mid-afternoon spit.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...