Chard with chickpeas and fresh tomatoes are a delicious side dish, to be paired with dishes mainly based on meat.
Swiss chard with chickpeas and fresh tomatoes are a healthy and versatile dish: it can be considered both a side dish and a first course, particularly suitable for those on a diet . Chard can be replaced, if desired, with other types of field herbs, but always trying to opt for fresh and not frozen products, so that the flavor is better.
Fibers, mineral salts, potassium, iron and vitamins A and C make chard a vegetable with a thousand benefits . they are a source of Omega 3 , or unsaturated fatty acids found mainly in fish, and also contain magnesium. Fresh tomatoes also play a good role in this side dish, providing fibers, vitamins and making the taste more pleasant.
Preparation of beets with chickpeas and fresh tomatoes
- To prepare your beets with chickpeas and fresh tomatoes, bring salted water to the boil and, after washing them carefully, separate the chard coasts from the leaves with a knife.
- Cook the ribs and, after a few minutes, also dip the leaves in the pot, which need less cooking time.
- After about 15 minutes, the chard will be cooked and you can cut them into strips .
- Wash and chop the fresh tomatoes, if you prefer, even removing the peel.
- In a non-stick pan, brown the garlic cloves in a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour in the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes (keeping a few pieces aside for decoration).
- Add the already cooked chickpeas (we recommend cooking the chickpeas yourself, avoiding canned chickpeas) and let it go over low heat.
- Finally, pour the beets into strips, season with salt and spice with chilli .
- Serve your chard with chickpeas and fresh tomatoes both hot and lukewarm, as a side dish to sausages, poultry or other.
You can very well combine them with a second course of meat such as our baked pork ribs .
This dish can be kept in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days at most , in a special container for food. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison