This veggie veggie meatloaf is one of the best meat-free recipes around – we bet?
Meatloafs are among the most popular second courses. In this case, vegetables, a binding ingredient and a little imagination are enough to bring something different to the table. The recipe for the vegetable meatloaf is really simple and does not require special skills in the kitchen.
To get a lighter dish we will cook the vegetable meatloaf in the oven. Once ready you can enjoy it hot, ideal in winter, or cold, perfect for summer. Are you ready? Let’s see the recipe for vegetarian meatloaf together!
How to prepare the vegetable meatloaf in the oven
- First, wash the vegetables well and remove the ends of carrots and courgettes.
- Cook the potatoes still skinned in boiling water for about 30-40 minutes .
- In a non-stick pan pour a drizzle of oil, the finely chopped onion and diced zucchini and carrots. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Transfer the contents of the pan and the cooked and peeled potatoes to a blender and blend everything together.
- Let it cool and add the other ingredients: ricotta, eggs, grated cheese, a glass of milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and finely chopped parsley.
- Then add just enough breadcrumbs to dry the mixture.
- Wrap it with parchment paper forming a salami of about 8 centimeters in diameter, then wrap it also in silver paper. Bake at 200 ° C for 30 minutes .
- Once ready, let it cool before serving cut into slices.
For other dishes of this type, here are all our meatloaf recipes !
This vegetable meatloaf can be kept for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator, well covered with cling film, just heat it a few minutes in a pan or in the oven before serving. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.