Sugar-free orange marmalade never disappoints: lots of fruit, zero sweetener for a perfect recipe on its own or to fill desserts.
Sugar-free orange marmalade is the perfect recipe for the winter season , as citrus fruit, containing a lot of vitamin C , is one of the best natural remedies for winter ailments. A large consumption of jam, therefore, is a guarantee not only of nourishment, but also of great protection. Let’s be clear, you must never overdo it, even if we are sure that once you have tried our recipe it will be difficult to say “enough”!
Preparation of the recipe for sugar-free orange marmalade
- The first step is to wash and cut the oranges in half.
- Remove the seeds and cut the oranges into wedges .
- Wash the apples and cut them in half, removing the core, the seeds and keeping the peel.
- Pour the fruit into the pot and add the lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Turn on the heat and let the liquid evaporate until you get a rather thick mixture.
- If you want a less lumpy consistency , we recommend that you pass the fruit in a blender.
- When it has reached an optimal degree of density, with a teaspoon pour the mixture into a plate and check the consistency.
- If you are not satisfied, you can add some water and bring it to the boil again.
- When you have obtained the desired result, pour the unsweetened bitter orange marmalade still boiling into the jars.
- Close the jars tightly and turn them upside down, in this way the lids will also be sterilized.
- Leave the jam to rest for at least 2 days before eating it.
We really like it without the sugar, so you can fully savor the taste of the fruit , but you can also prepare it in the classic version with the sweetener.
Primo Chef’s advice
Bitter orange marmalade without sugar is ideal for a breakfast dedicated to health and well-being, perhaps with a cup of hot milk and biscuits . Also excellent as a snack, perhaps to accompany the classic margherita cake. You can also fill the tart with this delicious jam and enjoy it with a cup of tea with friends. Also suitable for dinner to accompany all the fresh or aged cheeses you prefer.
If all the steps of preparation and sterilization are carried out perfectly, the jam can be stored for two years. It must be stored in a cool, dry place away from sunlight at a temperature below 23 ° C. When the jar has been opened, it must be kept strictly in the refrigerator for a maximum of 3 weeks.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison