Typical of southern Italy and with a thousand variations: the recipe for meatballs and sausage with sauce has also become famous in America thanks to Il Padrino!
A rich condiment, indeed extra rich, and prepared with meatballs and sausage that melts directly in the tomato sauce. This greedy sauce is certainly not dietetic, but full of flavor and decidedly enjoyable. Where have we seen it? Surely the meatballs and sausage with sauce is a typical condiment of southern Italy , but it is certainly not a restaurant in the South that made us think of this dish! The recipe that we propose today comes from one of the most famous trilogies of all time: the sauce of Il Padrino , an indispensable goodness that the criminal Peter Clemenza described step by step during the film!
Ready to discover the recipe, similar but not the same as the classic meatballs with sauce ? Let’s go to the stove and make the dish (which we have decided to combine with spaghetti or linguine to stay on the classic)!
Preparation of the Godfather sauce
- First, put a pot of water for the pasta on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, take a pan with fairly high edges and, as Oscar candidate Richard Castellano says, put a generous drizzle of oil and fry the garlic in it, being careful not to burn it.
- Throw the jar of peeled tomatoes into the pan (crushing them with a wooden spoon), a generous amount of tomato puree ( about 500 ml , but it goes to taste) and a pinch of sugar to counteract the acid of the puree.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and then throw in the sausages without the casings and cut into pieces, themeatballs and half a glass of white wine.
- Let the sauce cook for about 30 minutes over medium or low heat, until the sausage has separated and embraced all the tomato puree.
- Meanwhile, throw the pasta to cook (after having salted the water) and drain it al dente.
- When the sauce is ready, season with salt and use it to season the linguine (we recommend dedicating at least 3 meatballs to a plate and two nice spoonfuls of sauce ) with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and some basil leaves.
Here is the dish of the Godfather ready, in the film Al Pacino was one of the first to try it and fall in love with it. You can prepare it for an interesting themed dinner .
Pasta topped with sausage and meatballs sauce should be consumed at the moment. The condiment, on the other hand, the undisputed protagonist of this recipe, can be stored in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days , well covered with aluminum foil or inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!