We prepare crunchy cheese balls: light because they are baked in the oven and stuffed with ham and smoked cheese.
Today, we are dedicated to a really tasty idea for an appetizer suitable for a perfect lunch with friends. Cheese balls are an excellent snack to enjoy at the table. The exterior is made up of a crunchy coating of breadcrumbs , made light by baking . You can also choose to fry these delicious nuggets, but in the oven they will be much lighter.
The filling is the strong point of this preparation. Made almost entirely of cheese – whether it is buffalo stracciatella, stracchino or any other of your taste – it also hides other ingredients. The heart of these balls is enriched with ham and scamorza cheese , which give greater consistency to the stringy and hot filling . Don’t waste any more time and fasten your apron!
Preparation of the recipe for cheese balls
- Start by making the filling . In a large bowl, put the buffalo stracciatella .
- Sifting them , add the flour and instant yeast .
- In the bowl, also pour the eggs , salt , pepper and pecorino .
- Separately, cut the ham into cubes and add it to the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix and knead perfectly, to mix everything.
- At this point, take a little of the mixture at a time and place a small piece of smoked cheese in the center (then incorporating it).
- Shape them into meatballs and, as you go, roll them in breadcrumbs .
- Line a low-sided baking tray with parchment paper and place the meatballs. Once done, sprinkle with olive oil .
- You can fry or bake in the oven. In the second case, cook at 180 ° C for 30 minutes , until they become golden.
These cheese balls are flawless if eaten hot, when the filling is very stringy. Alternatively, you can keep them in the fridge in an airtight container , for up to 1 day .
Did you like this recipe? Then you can’t miss the artichoke and cheese meatballs !