The Panarello cake represents the Genoese tradition. Its secret lies in cooking: it is thanks to it that it remains so soft!
The Panarello cake is a typical dessert of the city of Genoa, usually bought to celebrate the birthday of the little ones. The original recipe is kept by the Panarello patisserie of the same name but we were able to discover its secrets. In addition to the particular mixture, which remains soft beyond imagination, and the characteristic decoration on the surface, it hides another secret.
The panarellina cake, another name by which it is known, is baked from the oven off . Be careful not to change this step or the result will not be at all similar to the original. For the rest we are talking about an easy cake , perfect for many occasions. Here’s how it is prepared.
How to prepare the Panarello cake recipe
- First, break the eggs into a bowl and add the icing sugar . Work them with electric whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the almond flour and mix gently with a spatula.
- Pour the melted butter at room temperature and incorporate it.
- Perfume with almond essence and add sifted flour , starch and yeast .
- Always mix gently from bottom to top.
- Line a 24 cm mold with parchment paper (or butter and flour it) and pour the mixture.
- Bake starting from the oven off , set 180 ° C and bake for 40 minutes .
- Before taking out the oven, do the toothpick test: if inserted in the center of the cake it must come out completely dry.
- Once cool, decorate the surface with icing sugar . To obtain the characteristic grill, place some skewer toothpicks and sprinkle, then carefully remove them.
Speaking of typical sweets, don’t miss our sbrisolona : you won’t regret it!
You can keep the Panarello cake out of the refrigerator, under a cake bell , for 2-3 days. It will keep as soft as it was just made.