The recipe for the Parma rose is that of a typical roast from Emilia-Romagna, made up of three typical ingredients: Parmesan, raw ham and Lambrusco.
For the section “quick and easy recipes for delicious seconds” we move to northern Italy. Today’s proposal is a typical recipe of Emilian cuisine, namely the Parma rose, a roast flower. The base of this second dish is made from the beef tenderloin , which acts as a wrap for a truly delicious filling. In this preparation, two typical products of this area are combined, namely Parma ham and Parmesan . To these is added a third, or Lambrusco , used to create the succulent sauce, with which the meat is bathed.
The origin of the Parma rose is confirmed, therefore, by these ingredients, which are the basis of the Emilian gastronomic tradition. Furthermore, its name derives from the form in which it is presented. When it is served in small portions, it looks almost like a flower, thanks to the contrast of colors between that of the fillet and that of its filling, which is a lighter pink.
Do you already have your mouth watering? Let’s proceed.
Preparation of the Parma rose with the traditional recipe
- On a pastry board, open and roll out the beef tenderloin. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the Parma ham on top. Cover this too with flakes of Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Roll up the fillet and tie it carefully with string , so as not to let it open during cooking.
- Cover the bottom of a pan with a little oil and add the garlic, then brown it.
- At this point, place the stuffed meat roll (such as roast beef), salt, pepper and oil its surface.
- Remove the garlic and sauté for 10 minutes on all sides.
- At this point, add the rosemary and pour the Lambrusco and Marsala. Let it blend.
- Cook over medium heat for another 25 minutes , turning the pink Parma roast from time to time.
- When cooked, turn off and roll the meat in aluminum foil .
- To the sauce left in the pan, add the cream and let it thicken , cooking for a few minutes over high heat.
- Once ready, untie the meat roll and cut it into slices. Spread them on plates and sprinkle with the delicious sauce.
The Parma rose is a greedy second course, capable of enriching Sunday lunch and surprising every guest. If left over, keep this typical product together with its sauce, closing them in a container and keeping them in the fridge for a maximum of 1 day .
Any other ideas on quick meat main courses? Try the salt crusted roast beef .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...