The recipe for strudel with ricotta and spinach will make you bring to the table a savory pie with classic flavors but with a nice and innovative look.
If you are looking for ideas to prepare delicious appetizers, today we present the ricotta and spinach strudel recipe. It is a very quick and simple preparation that will allow you to have a delicious ricotta and spinach strudel ready in a few minutes.
This preparation is part of those delicious recipes to be consumed both at dinner and as a buffet appetizer during a party. Frozen strudel with ricotta and spinach can also be prepared well in advance , it will be enough, in fact, to keep it in the fridge (not cooked) in an airtight container or covered with cling film. So, if you love quick and easy recipes, you can’t help but fall in love with this tasty and fragrant strudel.
Before moving on to the ingredients and preparation, we give you two tips that will help you make this preparation perfect. First of all, before putting the strudel in the oven, put it in the fridge and pass it, then, directly in a preheated oven so as to facilitate the flaking of the puff pastry. Also, when closing it, do not roll it up several times to prevent the central section from remaining raw.
Preparation of the ricotta and spinach strudel
- Start by cooking the spinach. If you have chosen to use the frozen ones, boil them in salted water for about 2 minutes . The same procedure must be carried out with the fresh ones after having carefully cleaned and washed them.
- After they are cooked, remove the excess water from the spinach and allow to cool. Then squeeze them to remove any further water that will have formed.
- Coarsely chop the spinach with a knife and place them in a large bowl.
- Add all the ricotta and mix everything until you get a homogeneous mixture .
- Arrange salt and pepper according to your tastes.
- Open the puff pastry on a sheet of parchment paper and adjust the thickness with a rolling pin if you prefer thin.
- Sprinkle the spinach and ricotta mixture in the center of the pastry and on the longer side.
- Now close the salty strudel.
- Take the yolk and beat it with the salt and milk and, with the help of a pastry brush, sprinkle the mixture on the top and side of the strudel. This will allow you to obtain a more amber color and a fantastic crust;
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for about 25 minutes . As soon as it is golden you can take it out of the oven.
For an even tastier variant you can prepare the strudel with ricotta, spinach and ham. In fact, just insert slices of cooked ham on top of the ricotta and spinach mixture and close the strudel. And, to round off the meal, we cannot fail to offer you the recipe for the traditional sweet strudel .
You can keep your strudel in the refrigerator, inside an airtight container, for about 2 days .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...