The Umbrian rock is the recipe for the delicious dessert, typical of central Italy. With a flaky wrapper, it hides a rustic, creamy filling of apples and nuts.
The recipe for the Assisi rock is a typical Umbrian dessert. Its particular name is linked to its appearance and derives from the verb “to perch “, or to twist. This typical product is a kind of roll that is twisted like a snail. There are also more variants of this, which differ according to the area. The rock of Foligno is also well known, but the basic preparation remains the same. The original recipe calls for the creation of a crumbly outer casing, which contains a creamy filling with a rustic flavor. To enrich it are apples, pine nuts and dried fruit, or genuine products.
Preparation of the Umbrian rock with the traditional recipe
- In a bowl, pour the flour and a pinch of salt.
- In a bowl, mix the oil with the water and then add it to the flour.
- Knead with your hands and, when necessary, work the mixture on a floured work surface.
- Cover it with the bowl and let it rest for 30 minutes .
- Put the raisins in a bowl, cover it with rum and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Wash, peel and clean the apples. Cut them into cubes and pour them into a bowl.
- To these, add the sugar, cinnamon and cocoa. Jumbled up.
- Add the raisins, well squeezed, and the pine nuts. Mix all the filling.
- After the resting time, roll out the dough with a rolling pin on the work surface. Obtain a rectangular and very thin sheet.
- Spread over the filling, leaving at least 1 cm along the edges. Roll up the pastry, starting with one of the longest sides. Seal the long edge and fold the smaller ones too. Then, twist this roll, as if to form a snail.
- Take a cake pan, line it with baking paper and place the cake inside.
- Bake in a static oven preheated to 180 ° C for 30 minutes . At the end, let it cool and decorate with icing sugar.
History of the rock
Being very similar to strudel , the Austrian dessert, some believe that its origin occurred in the Middle Ages. Probably, it could be linked to the southward migrations of the Nordic populations who also settled in Umbria.
Its origins are more commonly linked to the ancient Umbrians. In fact, in the Eugubine tables reference is made to a preparation similar to the Rocciata and used in sacred rites. The dessert is mentioned as “tensendo”, dedicated to the god Hondo Cerfio, an ancient Umbrian divinity.
Rocked is a delicious Umbrian dessert that you can make even more spectacular by wetting it with Alchermes just before cooking. Also, keep it under a glass jar for 4-5 days .
For another typical product of Umbria, prepare the fojata .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Map of pimples: each area of the face corresponds to an organ
What is the pimple map for? Let's find out together and see which organs the areas of the face are...
How to toast pumpkin seeds: the video recipe to prepare a healthy and crunchy snack
Roasted pumpkin seeds: quick and easy recipe to prepare a tasty snack at home to nibble on at any time...
The most popular s/s 2023 collections by Valentino and Dior, followed by Balmain and Givenchy: the most beautiful inspo looks
The spring/summer 2023 fashion shows sum up: the ranking of the most popular according to Spotlight Dreamy, captivating, sensual, the...
What is ADHD, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
ADHD: what it is, causes, symptoms and everything you need to know about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity...
Gnocchi alla bava, the super stringy recipe
Gnocchi alla bava are a very quick first course to prepare, but above all they are incredibly tasty: you will...
Fashion6 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion7 days ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes6 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?