To decorate your table during the holiday season, we propose the recipe for the Christmas savory log, without cooking.
The most beautiful and magical time of the year has begun and must be celebrated properly. There is no better way to do this than to gather around the table with family and friends. Whether for lunch or dinner, the dishes must always be impeccable. One of the best ideas that we propose for this year is the savory Christmas log : covered with lots of Philadelphia , it has the shape of a small piece of white , snow-covered log .
The tastiest surprise, however, is inside. The filling is made up of genuine products with an incredible flavor. You can use a variety of ingredients to stuff it, but today we offer the version with whimsical salad , lettuce , ham and little else. Furthermore, it is very easy to prepare and does not require cooking . Let the celebrations begin and let’s go to the kitchen!
Preparation of the recipe for the salty log
- On a work surface, spread a long layer of cling film .
- On top of it, arrange the 3 slices of white bread for sandwiches very close together. Cross them a couple of centimeters along the edges that touch.
- Roll them out with a rolling pin to thin them and join them more.
- All along the pastry, spread a thin layer of mayonnaise . Then, cover with the slices of ham .
- Spread the capricciosa salad on top of the salami and cover with lettuce leaves.
- With the help of the plastic wrap, wrap the sheet of white bread on itself, starting from the smallest edge.
- Seal all the outside with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to let it rest for 30 minutes .
- You can cut a small piece and place it in the center of the long side of the log to create another small branch.
- Cover it entirely with a generous layer of Philadelphia .
- With the tines of a fork , form streaks on the surface. Decorate to your liking and serve.
This salty Christmas log is perfect to enrich the table during the holiday season. However, you can prepare it all year round and when you feel like it, because it’s simple to make. It can also be kept in the fridge for a maximum of 2 days , always covered with transparent film .
This savory version contrasts with the more sugary version of the recipe for a delicious sweet and vegan Christmas log.