The jam roll is a perfect dessert to serve at the end of a meal. Easy to prepare, it can be customized by choosing the jam you prefer.
Let’s face it: the rolls are something irresistible not so much for the content, but more for the shape. In fact, it is nice to bring to the table, from time to time, a dessert with a different appearance and a unique flavor as in the case of the jam roll. Prepared with a base of biscuit dough and filled with jam to taste, it is one of the quick and easy desserts that we advise you to write down.
In fact, it takes about ten minutes to cook the biscuit dough and even less to fill it with a generous layer of jam . Let it rest for a few hours before serving it would be ideal but if you really don’t have time it’s great right away, try it!
How to prepare the jam roll recipe
- Let’s start preparing the sweet roll with jam right from the cookie dough. Break the eggs and divide the egg whites from the yolks.
- Whip the first courses until stiff with half the sugar .
- Also work the egg yolks with the remaining sugar and the vanilla extract until they are light and fluffy.
- Incorporate the egg whites into the yolks, stirring gently from bottom to top with a kitchen spatula.
- Still doing the same movement, add the sifted flour , making sure to remove all lumps.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking tray lined with parchment paper, forming a layer of uniform thickness.
- Then cook at 200 ° C ventilated for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately distribute a couple of tablespoons of sugar on the surface.
- Cover with contact film and roll up.
- Wait about 20-30 minutes for the roll to cool down and unroll it. With a knife, gently peel it off the parchment paper.
- Mix the jam with a tablespoon of water to make it more fluid then spread it well on the biscuit dough.
- Roll up loosely and refrigerate for a couple of hours at least before serving.
If you liked the idea of preparing sweet salami with jam, you can’t help but appreciate the Nutella roll : no one will be able to resist it!
The jam roll can be kept out of the refrigerator, inside a cake pan, for 2-3 days.