Among the Christmas desserts, a place must be reserved for the buche de Noel, a typical French one. With its tasty filling it will take everyone by the throat.
The buche ne Noel is the quintessential French Christmas log. Unmissable on the tables of our cousins from beyond the Alps during the Christmas holidays, it is composed of a biscuit dough base filled with cream and Nutella and covered with chocolate. To give this Christmas cake its characteristic appearance is the decoration on the surface that recreates the bark of a tree and the particular diagonal cut.
As with all typical recipes, there is not a single variant. Families love to customize it according to their tastes so it is not uncommon to find recipes that replace the filling that we have proposed with one based on chestnut cream for example. Choose according to your tastes or let yourself be guided by our recipe.
How to prepare the buche de Noel with the original recipe
- First, dedicate yourself to biscuit dough. Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and beat with the electric whisk until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the sifted flour with the baking powder and only lastly the milk .
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray lined with parchment paper and create a layer of uniform thickness.
- Cook at 180 ° C for 10 minutes in ventilated mode.
- Remove from the oven and spread the icing sugar on the surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap and roll up.
- Meanwhile, whip 100 g of cream with an electric whisk.
- Incorporate the Nutella, stirring gently, and set aside.
- Retrieve the now cold base of the cake and gently remove it from the paper.
- Fill it with the cream and roll it up well, without tightening too much.
- Make a diagonal cut about 2/3 to create a branch.
- Melt the coarsely chopped dark chocolate with a knife in a bain-marie together with the remaining cream which will also be whipped.
- Using a spatula, cover the cake with the chocolate cream and then create the characteristic decorations with a fork or toothpick.
Also try our Christmas log to discover all the differences!
We recommend that you leave the buche de Noel in the refrigerator until recently before serving.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison