Excellent both as an appetizer and as a main course, the pumpkin clouds are a really simple recipe to prepare as well as delicious!
It is said that the sole of a shoe is also good fried, but it is not necessary to go down that much. For example, you can try the pumpkin clouds, perfect to prepare when this beautiful and versatile vegetable is in season. Whether you decide to serve them as an appetizer or as a vegetarian main course , this sort of pumpkin pancake will conquer all your diners at the first taste.
To prepare them you start with a batter of flour, milk and eggs to which you add the raw pumpkin, grated, and parmesan. A pinch of salt, one of pepper and you are ready to fry and enjoy. Easy right? What if we told you that the same recipe can be turned into a sweet version?
How to prepare salted pumpkin clouds
- First, remove the skin and seeds from the pumpkin .
- Then grate it and transfer it to a colander by placing a weight on it so that all excess water is released.
- Separately, mix the eggs with the milk , flour and yeast.
- Season with Parmesan cheese then add the well-squeezed pumpkin .
- Season with salt and pepper .
- Then heat some seed oil in a saucepan and once the temperature is ready, start frying. To test the temperature of the oil, drop a small amount of batter and check that it comes to the surface quickly.
- You can then fry the pumpkin clouds: with the help of two teaspoons, drop some portions of dough that are not too large.
- Make them a few at a time and as they are cooked, transfer them to a tray lined with absorbent paper. The pancakes are ready once they are evenly browned.
- Serve hot.
Also try the more traditional pumpkin fritters before deciding which is the recipe that best suits your tastes. We haven’t decided yet!
To prepare the sweet pumpkin clouds instead replace the parmesan with sugar and you’re done! You will have an amazing dessert ready to serve by decorating it just with a sprinkling of icing sugar.
Pumpkin clouds, like all fried recipes, are good freshly made. We therefore advise you to eat them at the moment, still hot and steaming.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...